new setup?

last couple of years....trophy has been puttin out a nice pin.....i think it was goin 4 under $200 bucks......and fenwick puts out a 10'6 drift rod....again well under $200 bones........cant go wrong

shakes

If you have a 10'6" mooching rod like a 1263 it will work for you. Serve double duty !

If you have a 10'6" mooching rod like a 1263 it will work for you. Serve double duty !

silverquest
Yeh but will it load like a pin rod should ???
as for a trophy pin they are new compared to other pins they are just getting their feet wet I have a winter run trophy pin and its not the same

silverquest
Yeh but will it load like a pin rod should ???
as for a trophy pin they are new compared to other pins they are just getting their feet wet I have a winter run trophy pin and its not the same

My Frontier 1263 works great. The G.Loomis 1263 would be sweet too. Feels good with the Steelheader. It's not overly fast. I'd rather have the 3113 but have too save a few more pennies!

My Frontier 1263 works great. The G.Loomis 1263 would be sweet too. Feels good with the Steelheader. It's not overly fast. I'd rather have the 3113 but have too save a few more pennies!

You get what you pay for, as simple as that
you got the money you can have the best I went in and seen the Lamiglass Rods at Scream'n FLy and reel, Look great feel great and apparently they have limited life time warranty like the Sage and G Loomis
Nice 10"6 soft to get that pin spinning has some sensativity in the tip for drift fishing The raven Reel would make nice combo for a Newbee It seems to spin forever I would take a Raven over a trophy center pin didnt like the spin on the trophy winter run

You get what you pay for, as simple as that
you got the money you can have the best I went in and seen the Lamiglass Rods at Scream'n FLy and reel, Look great feel great and apparently they have limited life time warranty like the Sage and G Loomis
Nice 10"6 soft to get that pin spinning has some sensativity in the tip for drift fishing The raven Reel would make nice combo for a Newbee It seems to spin forever I would take a Raven over a trophy center pin didnt like the spin on the trophy winter run

I can't see the GLoomis 1263 being very good as a pin rod.
It may be just me but it is quite a fast rod.
I guess in comparison to the 3113 anything seems fast.

Good luck though

I can't see the GLoomis 1263 being very good as a pin rod.
It may be just me but it is quite a fast rod.
I guess in comparison to the 3113 anything seems fast.

Good luck though

Shimano Technium works great as my pin flinger. 10'6 and is nice and light and loads nice. Works ok for mooching too[8D] and i dont think they cost too much.

Shimano Technium works great as my pin flinger. 10'6 and is nice and light and loads nice. Works ok for mooching too[8D] and i dont think they cost too much.

I though for some reason we were trying to get a starter set up without breaking the bank. I think i was reading another post for that. If cost is no object the 3106 or 3113 is the way to go. The Loomis has a crap warranty now anyway from what i'm told. $100 bucks for a section. The Sage you pay for it up front though.

Hey Chosen...are the Shimano's over the counter warranty too? That's always nice.

I though for some reason we were trying to get a starter set up without breaking the bank. I think i was reading another post for that. If cost is no object the 3106 or 3113 is the way to go. The Loomis has a crap warranty now anyway from what i'm told. $100 bucks for a section. The Sage you pay for it up front though.

Hey Chosen...are the Shimano's over the counter warranty too? That's always nice.

I second Shimano. Cost effective and always easy to get replaced.

For a few more bucks you can get a Fenwick HMX. these are very nice rods! and you can't beat the price for such quality.

I second Shimano. Cost effective and always easy to get replaced.

For a few more bucks you can get a Fenwick HMX. these are very nice rods! and you can't beat the price for such quality.

yeah they are over the counter and they are pretty indestructable also. I used mine as a guide rod in the charlottes for a whole season and it did great. Don't know how many times my mooching wieght was slammed into the top eye and it held up great. There are definately better pin rods out there but price wise the shimano might be a solid option.

Back