New park with camping at Cape Roger Curtis.

Is this really a good idea? I’m all for parks I spend a lot of my summer camping in BC Parks but can the little Bowen ferry handle this pressure? Trailers take up a lot of space.

Possibly, who knows if the spots will be limited in size to control the 30' units with slide outs from showing up. However, from the water, CRC is freakin beautiful, I love trolling in that area. It would be a great spot to camp.

Possibly, who knows if the spots will be limited in size to control the 30' units with slide outs from showing up. However, from the water, CRC is freakin beautiful, I love trolling in that area. It would be a great spot to camp.

Yeah I will go check it out for sure.

The locals here on Bowen are already tearing it to shreds...it's gonna be messy. Hopefully it's about a tenth of the proposed size if the pitchforks don't shut it down completely. I'm for a campsite...just not of that scale.

It does infuriate me that after our counsel has spent the last few years trying kick a handful of us local atv and dirtbike riders off the mountain is happy to get all these campsites built for random strangers...time for a change of pace in our local government.

The locals here on Bowen are already tearing it to shreds...it's gonna be messy. Hopefully it's about a tenth of the proposed size if the pitchforks don't shut it down completely. I'm for a campsite...just not of that scale.

It does infuriate me that after our counsel has spent the last few years trying kick a handful of us local atv and dirtbike riders off the mountain is happy to get all these campsites built for random strangers...time for a change of pace in our local government.

Just let the islands trust take care of it all...boom

my friend that family had lived on their since the 1950s tolmme the developer had plans to sell it to a bunch of rich people to make homes and that the locals shot that down.

Then he decides to sell it to metro van for a park and campsites and they flip out about that. The. He told me the locals are now freaking out saying it’s going to make part of a road extend around the island.

He said they complain about everyone and everything. Complain about the ledcore guy, the moulding and mill work sauder guy.

Can’t make anyone happy

my friend that family had lived on their since the 1950s tolmme the developer had plans to sell it to a bunch of rich people to make homes and that the locals shot that down.

Then he decides to sell it to metro van for a park and campsites and they flip out about that. The. He told me the locals are now freaking out saying it’s going to make part of a road extend around the island.

He said they complain about everyone and everything. Complain about the ledcore guy, the moulding and mill work sauder guy.

Can’t make anyone happy
Nimbyism at it's finest

The problem is the ferry system. I've got relatives that live over there and I've been going over there since the early 70's. And like all places in the lower mainland Bowen has grown exponentially.
The ferry is running more and more overloads now than ever before and at times that you would not expect there to be overloads, not to mention there are times sailings are 1 hour behind schedule!
So if the council can pressure BC Ferries to come up with some solutions to solve the ongoing and constant and consistent problem of ferry issues than allowing a park might be reasonable.
But if things remain status quo it's just going to make the shitshow worse.

That park will eventually be foot or bicycle access and reservations only maybe with a seasonal shuttle from the ferry-far too many people in the Lower Mainland looking for camping for it to be anything else - look what's happened at Joffre Lakes.

You must have had some inside info on this Dogbreath.
Your comment came out before I saw it on any of the media sites.
We will just have to wait and see how all this plays out.

Some interesting development here. Sounds like the locals are planning to make a big offer to GVRD and buy the land back for “conservation”.

Back