New Mercury 115CT

Thanks Guys,

Got her out on the lake today. Max is 6000rpm...... So I opened her up with the 14.5x19 prop.
5960rpm 40.5mph 11gph
4500rpm 32mph 6.8gph
4200rpm 30mph 5.9gph
4000rpm 27mph 5.0gph

With my old 90 2 stroke yamaha Id need 4500rmp to do 27mph @ aprox.10gph

So at 4000rpm I can double my my distance on a single tank of fuel and get there in the same amount of time :)

I was really nice and never went over 4500rpm for first hour :)

Cause the smart craft gauge kept telling me to lower RPM..... Only cause default setting was is max 4300rpm
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That boat AND trailer looks shinier, and better equipped the older it gets. That's what a quality aluminum hull and a fastidious owner will get you. I'm curious, what did you do to in the mod to mitigate the concern that it might be stern heavy with the pod and new power?

I was trying to repower last year but couldn't do to wieght on the stern. Even tried to go 2 stroke 90 to a 2 stroke 115 and it wasn't going to happen. So out came the engine well, off came both Yamaha's and the last 10 months has really changed this boat. It been extended with a 22" full flotation pod raising the back end 4 inches, repowered with two new Mercurys from Chris at Inlet Marine, a new trailer from Road Runner as trailer was no longer long enough, added a radar and arch, new Simrad Nav system from Harbour Chandler. And it's not over yet :)

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?27329-Radar-Arch-and-Mod-s&highlight=Arch+mods

and some more hidden in here

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...014-Fall-Winter-and-2015-Spring-boat-projects

I think I almost have one of the best outfitted 16ft fishing boats around.

How does it sit in the water now, lower/higher or about the same as it originally did prior to hull extension? Just curious.

I was trying to repower last year but couldn't do to wieght on the stern. Even tried to go 2 stroke 90 to a 2 stroke 115 and it wasn't going to happen. So out came the engine well, off came both Yamaha's and the last 10 months has really changed this boat. It been extended with a 22" full flotation pod raising the back end 4 inches, repowered with two new Mercurys from Chris at Inlet Marine, a new trailer from Road Runner as trailer was no longer long enough, added a radar and arch, new Simrad Nav system from Harbour Chandler. And it's not over yet :)

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?27329-Radar-Arch-and-Mod-s&highlight=Arch+mods

and some more hidden in here

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...014-Fall-Winter-and-2015-Spring-boat-projects

I think I almost have one of the best outfitted 16ft fishing boats around.

I recall you saying your boat is always for sale, I bet not now. So, moving the weight back is the key. I'm Not a physicist. Lol

I will have to look closer now that the new motors are both on. I'd guess it's about 1-2" higher then when this started which is nice as I used to have no room to trim. Before if I touched the trim I'd porpoise. The boat actually handles chop/rough water way better then ever. It's a bit longer in a turn as it should it is longer now.

Put some time on it today out on the lake, so I took a break from breaking it in and ran the 9.9 ProKicker for an hour or so with the 3wt fly rod clipped into the rigger. Beautiful day it was :)
image.jpg

I recall you saying your boat is always for sale, I bet not now.
I'd sell it.... Just make sure you make a really good offer

Next I am looking at replacing my side storage/side seats with smaller boxes, opening up extra room up front so I can think about installing Shock Wave seats, maybe a hard top and a diesel heater to replace the propane heat.

Thanks Guys,

Got her out on the lake today. Max is 6000rpm...... So I opened her up with the 14.5x19 prop.
5960rpm 40.5mph 11gph
4500rpm 32mph 6.8gph
4200rpm 30mph 5.9gph
4000rpm 27mph 5.0gph

With my old 90 2 stroke yamaha Id need 4500rmp to do 27mph @ aprox.10gph

So at 4000rpm I can double my my distance on a single tank of fuel and get there in the same amount of time :)

I have the Mercury 150 Four Stroke on my Malibu 182, and have never been a Mercury guy....but I love the motor. Starts beautiful, is dead quiet even at full throttle and sips fuel. I'm sold.

Back