New Mercury 115CT

Off-topic, but how do you like those down rigger pedestal risers? Looking at getting some as the new riggers wont clear the rail-guards I have on the rear of my boat.

Looks good! And I am not a fan of merc but I can appreciate what they are doing now, they seemed to have turned around in a big way!

Hey that new Merc is nice. Interesting... the weight of that 4 stroke (363 lbs) is the same as my 1996 Yamaha 115 2 stroke! :) That must make it the lightest 115 4 stroke available.

Awesome worry free boating ahead for you. That joy's of a new motor. You going with a stainless prop?

Frankly, with that power on that boat, I don't think there would be any advantage to spending a bunch of dough on an SS prop. That thing is going to get up and going in a big hurry just as it is.

Light four stoke......Yes
SS prop.....Nope I damage to many. Aluminum is cheap
Looks freaking awesome....Yes it does
Test drive...... Went great, just got home. Sure is quite. 4000rmp and could still hear myself think. I bit slow out of the hole with the 14x19 prop might need something different, but only did 25-27mph at 4000-4200rpm. But will decide about prop after a few more hours of break in. Lots to learn on this smart gauge, and I hate reading. Might give book to the wife or see if it's on YouTube.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked after her for ya for sure, kinda started to fall in love with her but she was already yours so I settled for her older sister in a 90hp. Enjoy it Owen its one fine machine.

one of the percs on the etec at the boat show was a free ss prop thrown in, i took 2 aluminums instead. haven't dinged a prop in years but would rather ding an aluminum than damage the gears, lol. plus it doesn't make much difference on the lighter boats for speed.

one of the percs on the etec at the boat show was a free ss prop thrown in, i took 2 aluminums instead. haven't dinged a prop in years but would rather ding an aluminum than damage the gears, lol. plus it doesn't make much difference on the lighter boats for speed.

The perks for me with buying a Mercury was not owning an Etec.........

Even a free prop couldn't persuade me to buy an Etec

Boy, this boat has seen quite the facelift in the past year! Looking good. Still love that transom mod!

Looks like with that new radar arch you can not longer fit the boat in the garage. :( But sweet new radar arch! ;)

etec has been out for a few years, this merc has been out less than a year so we'll see, both good motors imho, 7 year warranty is also nice, enjoy your merc

Ultra 3 star emissions rating too ,enviro friendly for a guy that fishes as much as you do it is a good call..no more two-stroke smoke.. Good looking power !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to go sit on the boat this morning and do some labelling and maybe try to figure out this smart gauge. Hoping the wind drops and I can go to Powell River for lunch..... Anyone hungry for Thai food?

Just need to burn thru these first 2 hours of break in

That thing is Hot Owen! Gonna be some bloody decks this year. I may hit Nootka for some early hali smackdowns, Ill give you a heads up, prob some time in March. Im trying to arrange a place to stay. It would be nice to get a few boats together.

Sweet looking ride for sure Owen. You should hire a good carpenter to open up your shelter and get that baby under cover.;) eman

Back