New coho regulations

utuga9a5.jpg
. From DFO twitter post.

nobody is forcing anybody to catch and release 10 wilds for 1 hatchery, if it bother's you then pull your gear. You can choose to make the decision that it's not worth damaging all those wilds for a 7lb hatchery.

Your missing the point guys I GET IT, but what bothers me is area 18/19/20 get hammered with restrictions when the rest of the areas have a free for all.

I just wish we were on a level playing field thats all AND im very happy we get the sept 1 opening and the SFAB has done a great Job along with SVIAC

I have talked to alot of fisherman from the areas mentioned above and they are not to happy they feel picked on AGAIN....

And dont send me personal hate mail this is just mine and many others opinion.

in aperfect world we would not have as many restrictions on us wasnt like this 10 years ago.........

Your missing the point guys I GET IT, but what bothers me is area 18/19/20 get hammered with restrictions when the rest of the areas have a free for all.

I just wish we were on a level playing field thats all AND im very happy we get the sept 1 opening and the SFAB has done a great Job along with SVIAC

I have talked to alot of fisherman from the areas mentioned above and they are not to happy they feel picked on AGAIN....

And dont send me personal hate mail this is just mine and many others opinion.

in aperfect world we would not have as many restrictions on us wasnt like this 10 years ago.........

Just so you know Wolf - area 18/19/20 are not the only area that can't kill unmarked coho. In fact my area doesn't open for unmarked coho after Sept 1st or at all. Here in Vancouver in the harbor area, which includes West Van and Howe Sound we aren't open for any unmarked Coho at all. All of area 28 and all sub areas beyond area 29-5 is all closed to unmarked Coho. Out into Georgia Straight, the Gulf Islands and Sunshine Coast have a 1 unmarked Coho retention.

....so again its not just area 18,19,20

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand corrected then pea.. its just unfair isnt it....

All those Georgia strait fish, chinook and coho that are getting bonked without restriction. Are they not Fraser fish? Why are those areas getting relaxed rules when area 19 isn't? Please. Enlighten me.. I don't get it.

All those Georgia strait fish, chinook and coho that are getting bonked without restriction. Are they not Fraser fish? Why are those areas getting relaxed rules when area 19 isn't? Please. Enlighten me.. I don't get it.

Well first of all there are in fact Chinook and Coho closures including slot limit/closures in Georgia Strait so not sure why there seems to be assumptions there are no Coho or Chinook restrictions in GS. There are Chinook and Coho closures in the "banana" off the approaches to Fraser River as well as a slot limit/closures south of Thrasher Rock in the Gulf Islands. I am no expert nor understand what information DFO has about Fraser River stocks of concern in that swim down Georgia Strait but my uneducated guess would be that stocks of concern are proven to swim through Juan de Fuca Strait and those stocks haven't shown to be caught in any numbers in the areas in Georgia Strait that are fully open.

I stand corrected then pea.. its just unfair isnt it....

Well IF we can trust DFO's research and actions then I suppose I can accept protecting stocks if they are proven to be in an area - what bothers me more is that as you and I release fish we are trying to protect they are just caught in nets strung across the Fraser river - and we all know what sector I am talking about.

Back