New braided fiber vs steel downrigger line

Waddy S G power in Victoria was clearing some out awhile ago for around a hundred bucks dont know if any are left.Comes with all the bits. DAN

Okay I'll Bite!

I bought the black box and installed it on my boat but before I did I re wired my boat how the book said. It was very hot 1.02 not .6 .7 .8. Salmon went ballistic when they got close to the boat. (Way more then normal) When I was finished my rewire my boat read .60 to .65. Enough said.

I do however bake the boat using the black box for sockeye and I don't dare mess with what works for me.

I have found that my catch ratio really went up when I really paid attention to detail like constantly watching your rods, sharp hooks, presentation, depth, speed, etc. and a big thanks to the many insightful people that have made me a better fishermen. Blue Orca, Iron Noggin, Wolf, CS, Baddog, Roe Bags, Madd Dog, yo mama and so many more over the years! [8D]

Black box or not I know the more things I do right the better my chances and yours to. :D I don't have problems with downrigger wire because I use the best, rinse it with fresh water after every trip and change it yearly.

Braided line means no voltage ???? I'm not going there. However my boat catches fish even when I forget to turn on my Black Box ;)

Cheers ME

quote:I now lean my theory towards 25% presentation,skills,Voltage

25% currents and valuable time spent with gear in the water,

50% LUCK or being in the right place at the right time...

Ok maddog ill bite on this one now too especially on the voltage thing and for EVERYONE on here

VOLTAGE if your using braided line with absolutly NO voltage I REPEAT
NO again NO voltage and you put your gear down and you catch fish whats GETTING the fish hmmmmmmmmmmmm OH I THINK I KNOW................................................COULD IT BE.....

PRESENTATION or the gear your using!!!!!!!!!!

like I said earlier
5 % voltage on a boat
80% skill on how and what (spin bait knowing how to fish)
15% of just plain old luck

One thing that all the good fisherman know on here that hasnt been mentioned as of yet is confidence in what your doing and paying attention to details especially fine ones watching and observing and learning everyday on the water is different and you sometimes need to adapt and change but also have confidence in what you are doing if you are not for some reason you dont get them call it karma I dont know its higher above me LOL

Good luck Wolf

I read somewhere in the boat regs that you can't even drink beer while fishing. Am I mistaken it does seek like a country with such a long history of drinking would not allow use to down a few cold ones on the few warm days on VI.

Back