Crew Member
Need to find a new single axle trailer, 3500lb axle, 16-20 rollers

NO BRAKES

Any suggestions?

Where to buy.....
Brand....
Aluminum or galvanized.......
EZ Loader, Road Runner, ---------?????

I have an EZ loader its a good trailer... You know Owen here is something I learned with these make your selection based on replacement cost and availability.... I have many trailers that were awesome but when it came to replacement part costs, and getting the stuff when you needed it they sucked.

Get a galvanized one. From someone who had aluminum don't do it. And get the trailer with the torsion axle....

Hey FA-what's wrong with yours?

1993, with new axle last year and speedy sleeves. Will be available if you need it :)

It's just after extending the haul and plans of have the new motor on in the new year the trailers just a bit to short. Got to get it all in perfect order as someone may be running it this year out of the Comox Valley......

I have an EZ loader its a good trailer... You know Owen here is something I learned with these make your selection based on replacement cost and availability.... I have many trailers that were awesome but when it came to replacement part costs, and getting the stuff when you needed it they sucked.

Get a galvanized one. From someone who had aluminum don't do it. And get the trailer with the torsion axle....

SV, whats your reasoning for not going aluminium, what problems have you had?
Personally I have had at least a dozen different trailers and really like my aluminium ones……..

1993, with new axle last year and speedy sleeves. FA,

FA, might have a problem finding a new 3500lb without brakes as the regs have changed since 1993. Check with coast mt in naniamo

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced my EZLoader with aluminum and torsion axles. Love the trailer! No problems. The problem with the EZ loads was age. Bolts wear through, axles seem to shift or move with a flex frame. I think the frame flexes as it is a bolted together trailer. Mine is tandem and is Canada legal as has brakes all wheels. Boat weight is 3500+.

1993, with new axle last year and speedy sleeves. FA,

FA, might have a problem finding a new 3500lb without brakes as the regs have changed since 1993. Check with coast mt in naniamo

Can still buy a 25-3500 trailers with a 3500 axle. Was working on it today, but then my boat was ready so I had to hit the road. Going to start working on it again in the morning.

Roadrunner Trailers...... Never owned one. Any comments?

I have always owned EZ Loaders

Seems parts are available everywhere for Roadrunner.....Hope that's not cause they are needed. :)

Not going aluminum personal reasons.

Sticking with springs not torsion bars.

If you decide to go RoadRunner talk to Mike at factory. He will give better price than dealers and he is in Richmond.

I don't love mine because it's old, but yes awesome service from Road Runner in Richmond (Mitchell Island).

He was selling at the boat show last year and I talked to him about a trailer months after that and he was willing. Also know somebody who got one from him for their Pursuit a few years ago. Might be the kind of thing to see him in person to discuss.....

SV, whats your reasoning for not going aluminium, what problems have you had?
Personally I have had at least a dozen different trailers and really like my aluminium ones……..

Expense of parts. Galvanic Corrosion between the stainless to aluminum bolting...Work hardening of material. The only aluminum I think is half decent are the tuff trailers... I have two both were nightmares. That being said they were more than 15 years old, but not that bad condition...

Expense of parts. Galvanic Corrosion between the stainless to aluminum bolting...Work hardening of material. The only aluminum I think is half decent are the tuff trailers... I have two both were nightmares. That being said they were more than 15 years old, but not that bad condition...
Hummm……you and I have had opposite experiences thats for sure :confused:

Back