Needle fish lures

You can use a Cowichan spinner in front of them - first did this back in the 1970's for winter Chinook in Campbell River.

Andrew has some new designs available in mini 3" needlefish and anchovy pattern's.
They look very fishy.
I'm going to try them on the weekend.

If you like to run bait the tiny strip holders by Rhys Davis also imitate the size of a needlefish very well. Baitrex was selling an artificial strip for the mini holder as well. Just another option if youre looking to imitate needlefish. The mini strip can work quite well at times. More old school stuff that is rarely used these days, like bucktails, and flash tails.

Not a lot of retailers still selling the "Tiny Teasers", although you do see them in the odd store. They are manufactured by Rhys Davis, and I think they are still in production. They were starting to be sold in a lot of stores when "Baitrix" was producing their line of scented artificial strip. Baitrix is not in business anymore I think, and since they went defunct I haven't seen the tiny teasers in stores very often. You might want to look at the Rhys Davis website.

They don't fish well at slow speeds. They are best fished in the winter blackmouth fishery on a fast troll. If you find some they spin better if you alter them slightly. Put the plastic teaser head in a cup of boiling hot water for about 10 seconds. Take it out and bend the back end out slightly. That will make it spin better, as there is not a lot of surface area on the tiny teaser head to impart a spin. Good luck finding some Eric.

Baitrix is still in business

http://baitrix.com/

Rhys-Davies stopped making strip years ago but was selling Baitrix/teaser heads combos then the company was sold to Gibbs/Delta who now make their own artificial strip product called Big Bite-I imagine that didn't help Baitrix' business much.

Baitrix is still in business

http://baitrix.com/

Rhys-Davies stopped making strip years ago but was selling Baitrix/teaser heads combos then the company was sold to Gibbs/Delta who now make their own artificial strip product called Big Bite-I imagine that didn't help Baitrix' business much.

Thanks for that info Dogbreath. I'd thought Baitrix might have gone belly up as I don't see their product on the shelves these days.

Those look solid! The blue/yellows look like they have UV tape?
they are solid best quality spoons on the market .... all paint and clear coat except the fish scales...ended up ordering 27 of them between 3 guys....I have a bunch from last year so was a easy decision to buck up and get some more

Last edited:
I love the king slayer lures. I am looking at ordering 4-5 of them & have no idea what colours I should pick? Any favourites

I love the king slayer lures. I am looking at ordering 4-5 of them & have no idea what colours I should pick? Any favourites

Loving the Sour Apples....but ask @fishin solo as he likely has every combo in his kit. ;)

The Herring Aid
Sour Apples
Transvestite are the same ones I have coming.

Apparently some of the darker ones have been getting decent results too.

Orange red racer, sour apples reg/transvestite, hacked herring, wicked herring, kitchen stink, Canadian needlefish, Irish flag, sweet pea, cop car, tooty fruity, black jack look on his website there's a ton of colour combos ...they are all good imo..... he's smoking busy so I'd order sooner then later

Back