Needing a recipe for snow goose breasts?

Islandgirl

I was given a few of these goose breasts this fall. Time to use them up. I wasn't happy with my first attempt. any advice or recipies out there?

We like to use goose breast in our stir fries. Cut it in thin strips and just use it like beef or pork. It’s not fancy but we like it, it’s our preferred stir fry meat.

I would usually soak in buttermilk for a few hours as well. Helps to get the blood taste out. Then rinse and marinate as desired.

I haven't tried Snow Goose but if it is anywhere near as good as Canada Goose it should be delicious. I have done slow cooker and Sous Vide. I am absolutely hooked on Sous Vide cooking. It makes all game meats delicious and cut with a fork tender. Good luck and make sure to let us know how it goes.

We eat quite a bit of it around our place. Doesn’t matter to us what colour it is or what it sounds like, it goes down and in the pan. Biggest thing with goose is how old it is. You get a big old bird they can be a little tough, not necessarily hard but they are rubbery. But they all taste good, we love it.

Another one we do is slice the breast cross grain of course and season it well, brown it in a pan then add flour and make it in a gravy then simmer it in the oven in a casserole for an hour or so. Make some nice mashed with chopped onion in it, mmm good.

We get out a few times a year my boys and I and get some goose in the freezer for everyone.

Heres a typical shoot with my boys and I.
51903699005_60d9fb6a50_c.jpg

51902105612_5e299cf9b4_c.jpg

And stocking up everybodies freezer with some good organic food supplied by Mother Earth.
51903697175_f676b59ff0_c.jpg

We eat quite a bit of it around our place. Doesn’t matter to us what colour it is or what it sounds like, it goes down and in the pan. Biggest thing with goose is how old it is. You get a big old bird they can be a little tough, not necessarily hard but they are rubbery. But they all taste good, we love it.

Another one we do is slice the breast cross grain of course and season it well, brown it in a pan then add flour and make it in a gravy then simmer it in the oven in a casserole for an hour or so. Make some nice mashed with chopped onion in it, mmm good.

We get out a few times a year my boys and I and get some goose in the freezer for everyone.

Heres a typical shoot with my boys and I.
51903699005_60d9fb6a50_c.jpg

51902105612_5e299cf9b4_c.jpg

And stocking up everybodies freezer with some good organic food supplied by Mother Earth.
51903697175_f676b59ff0_c.jpg
Looks like a fun hunt. I see a nice big batch of pepperoni in that cooler. They make great burgers too.

Back