Need a place to rent to park/store my boat in North or West Vancouver

Gerry

Hi, like the title says I desperately need a spot for my boat. It is a 17 foot Double Eagle on the trailer it measures out at just under 21 feet. Looking for a secure spot.

Thanks, Gerry

Lionsgate marina was just advertising they had some spots open for boats on trailers, I had my 18' boat there for the last 6 years for the season. 24/7 security, people leave their downriggers kickers and even rods etc on their boats, I haven't heard of any thefts or problems over the years. great ramps too on any tides.

Thanks Nicnat. Actually I was at Lions Gate Marina for the past two years. Have recently left because I didn't want to pay the new rates which are roughly double the old rate. You are right, very secure and safe spot. They have quite a few vacancies now due to the increase.

Thanks Nicnat. Actually I was at Lions Gate Marina for the past two years. Have recently left because I didn't want to pay the new rates which are roughly double the old rate. You are right, very secure and safe spot. They have quite a few vacancies now due to the increase.
Yup, we left LGM this spring after they announced new rates which were nearly double the old rate.....

they backed off on those new rates last I heard, I'm not there this year either but if I can go month to month now I might do it as I'll be possibly selling my boat soon, I really like it there as it's so easy to launch solo and I fish solo a fair bit.

I wouldn’t consider LGM as a viable option. Have been storing my boat there for seven years and I’m actively looking for a new place right now . The new owners had some ambitious plans for enhancing the marina but those plans did never materialize. Instead, the geniuses doubled the rates while cutting the service hours. That is correct that they finally backed off but the service levels have dropped big times. I store my boat inside the warehouse and every week I have to spend an hour cleaning bird sh&t off of my sunbrella. That’s because the new owners/developers canceled on the pest control contract. Store outside and your boat gets covered with a film of sulfur. Other problem on the North Shore is access to public ramps. There’s Cates Park in Deep Cove and that’s pretty much it. Ambleside’s launch got closed a couple of years ago and there was no “alternate facility “ like what tge West Van councillors promised at the time.

Good luck with your search.

The rates are still higher than last year, I have been there with my Arima for the last 5 years and this will be my final year, forklift launch use to be $40 now $50 ... the rates keep going up, now it is the same cost to keep my boat in the water.

It is a super convenient location, 5 min to cap, 25 to Atkinson, 40 min to The hump...
I have never had anything stolen form my boat, I leave my traps and nets on board.
Only issue is that the operation hours are limited and the cost is not reasonable for a dry launch facility.

I was just there last week and 40% of the marina is empty.. I guess cranking up the rates almost double has cost them many long term clients.

Good luck

Dev

Last edited:
I'd guess it's more than 40% vacant at lgm, may be by design. Anyway the place has gone through a significant shift from when the Mckeens ran things, I personally left last week after being an indoor customer since jan 2016. I wonder if they ever actually had a pest program that covered pigeons but ya, pretty much the grossest place on earth.

I think there could be space at mosquito creek in the wet. I also had a call from Thunderbird last week too but it was a 37' shed...good luck, I hope things shift at lgm but they have a long road ahead.

I'm surprised no one has brought up Lions Gate crappy hours. Its open from 8am to 4pm in winter and closed a number of days over the Christmas holiday, so good luck fishing anywhere but Vancouver harbour in winter, but they will liberate you of a pretty hefty fee for the privilege of not being able to use your boat very often. Nice people generally, no theft issues.

Back