Navionics Fish'N Chip 256mb SD card for BC '08

Haze

Navionics Fish’N Chip 256MB SD Card ($199 value) for British Columbia (dated Jan 08 on the card)

The Navionics Fish’N Chip contains areas of high-definition bottom detail not available on your Navionics Charts. Use in conjunction with your Navionics Gold+ or Platinum navigation Chart as a fishing tool to help locate near shore and offshore structure. Fish’N Chip substantially enhanced sea bottom bathymetry is the ultimate mapping resource for serious fishing!

I found this data on another site:
The Fish’N Chip technology provides high-definition sea bed mapping for British Columbia territorial waters. The product gives the user an amplified view of the sea floor bathymetry and represents a resource for locating near shore and offshore structures, ledges and canyons. Anglers will be delighted with the enhanced detail of bottom contours and the ability to read drop-offs with greater precision. The clarity of the data displayed by the Fish’N Chip software is the cutting edge of angling technology, so much so, that it is like shooting fish in a barrel. ...
Though the chart is listed for British Columbia it appears to have the most data available for the Victoria to Tofino area’s close to shore to WAY out there. Would be good for finding bottom fish holes like halibut ect. The guys at the store hadn’t seen this before so when I showed them they were all like “wow, look at that detail!” A fellow from Bamfield said it would come in real handy where he fishes, but I fish on the inside passage and found that the charts focused on the other side of Vancouver Island.
Asking $100 obo

If it will work with my raymarine 420 gps/plotter I will take it.

Take only what you need.

Assassin:
I would think that it should work since those units do use Navionics charts, but just to be sure I signed up for tech support on the Raymarine site and asked them directly. Their automated response said that they would answer my question within a buisness day. (Great tech support eh?)
I'll get back to you as soon as I know for certain.

Hey Assassin, they just got back to me (wasn't that speedy!) and a fellow named George replied: to my question:
"Navionics Fish#146;N Chip 256MB SD Card for British Columbia. DO they work with the Raymarine 420 GPS units?"
his response:
"Sorry but no, the format is entirely different for the 420 plotter."

So I guess that's a no go, sorry about that. Still I don't know why they wouldn't if they use Navionics Gold cards ect...

Won't work the Raymarine takes CF card format. SO the data is the same the format is different!

Just FYI. I just called Navionics (508-291-6000)about trying to get a Fish N Chip that covers BC waters. They said they do not make one that gives the highly detailed bottom contour detail for Canadian waters. The highly detailed bottom information is only available for US waters. For example, he said the the chip that covers Washington waters and BC (Vancouver Island) only gives the higher bottom contour information on the US side and on the BC side it will have only the regular information that comes on the 13XG Navionics card.

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

Back