Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

That a Maruto hook on the Krippled K?

Looks like all the paints gone...is it now the same color on both sides?

Very nice fish.......

That a Maruto hook on the Krippled K?

Looks like all the paints gone...is it now the same color on both sides?

Very nice fish.......

I'm not sure what the hook is, just one I had in the tackle box. The spoon is pearl blue and pearl green with a crome back

out this am for a quick 2 hr trip with the daughter - just as the wind started to pick up, hooked into a 10 pounder about 300 yards east of the fingers. 132 feet on green/white spoon.

was a very good scrapper for a smaller fish, surprised it didnt go a bit bigger. will try and post a pic of my 5 yr old daughter holding it up - first fish of the season for her and i... it will do nicely on the bbq!

Another productive day at the fingers. 3 salmon then went to entrance and ended up with a 12lb ling.
dady9y9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ran to thrasher Friday and Saturday. fished both days until noon. Friday was on fire - limited out (4) but released 2 that were about 8 or 9 pounds going for bigger. best fish was 20. Saturday was much slower - lots of action but most were slightly undersized. ended up with a 10 pounder and lost a couple of nicer ones including one that spit the hook just past net range. irish creams at a wide range of depths produced.

Trollin the bottom with a big herring only problem is it's hard on cannon balls lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife didnt want to get outta bed this morning so I ended up goin Solo. Unreal few hours out there this morning, 10 fish in the boat with the biggest being 18 and the smallest around 8. Beautiful,flat calm and even saw this guy heading over towards the fingers
SOLO001_zps88ff9f53.jpg

the two I kept
SOLO002_zps13f19c16.jpg

Got two around slack tide today (12 and 18 pounds). Killy Magee had most of the action 100 feet down. Lots of small springs and coho out there too.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Best day I've had on this side. Out at 6am, off the last finger, anywhere from 135-165 feet, non stop action , 3 of us limited out in 2 hours, best were two 21's. Green white orange stripe. Grabbed our ling limit to boot.
image.jpg

Man was it ever fun fish the fingers this morning. Had my line in for 2 mins before we got our first fish. It was non stop action all morning. Also had 2 double headers to. Biggest was 20 and kept another 10. 1 ling to end the day. So wicked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back