Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

I am currently boatless. Anyone that might like company, let me know.
Got my own gear and I'm good for tips and tactics around Nanaimo (3 Tyees 2012. Only fished WCVI 2013). And I know boats don't run on air or thanks.
Getting out of the bush Thursday and 'free' till June. Good to go any day/time. Cheers.

out mid morning to mid afternoon - got 2 10"s and lost a major screamer unfortunately. all on irish crème trolling anywhere from fingers to entrance out in the deep

Was out yesterday picked up a 11 lb spring a nice ling and 300 prawns and in the last trap found this guy havin a snack
e4epa5ep.jpg
pretty cool to see

17, 10 and lost 2 screamers. released at least 10 between 18 inches and barely legal this AM. irish crème off the fingers.

Was out yesterday picked up a 11 lb spring a nice ling and 300 prawns and in the last trap found this guy havin a snack
e4epa5ep.jpg
pretty cool to see

That right there is a years supply of the finest halli bait you can use.

Lol one of my fingers was in a place that realty didn't feel rite and I let her go unharmed a buddy told me it's bad luck to kill them and they are just to cool of a creature !!

Just a shout out to everyone fishing the Nanaimo area. We are giving out $50 gift certificates at a tackle shop in Nanaimo for good whale info. We started the program last year with the Silva Bay fishing group and it has been working well for them. Basically we are looking for good sighting information with number of whales sighted, location, direction, speed of travel and time sighted. As long as we find them with your information we will supply you with a $50 gift certificate at a tackle shop in Nanaimo, if tackle isn't needed we can do beer instead :). We monitor Channel 79 or you can reach me on my cell @ 250 883 3358.

Thanks a lot a hope to work with you guys!
Apparently there were killer whales at Porlier this morning.

Thanks! Simon at Ocean EcoVentures in Cowichan Bay. 250 883 3358

The Vancouver whale watch boats are on the program too.

Nasty, just plain nasty out there... Looked at the web cam and thought it wasn't bad. Hooked up the boat,2 kids and the wife,pounded to the fingers and fished for 15 mins till 1 kid and the wife were sick. Had a pin popper 5 mins in but it spit the hook after a couple of runs, see what the wind is doing tonight,might head back out

[video]http://www.bigwavedave.ca/webcams.php?cam=9 not sure why but his wind is not current.. its ENE 11 knots according to environment Canada at 2pm...starting to die down maybe... weird it just updated..

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear not many out fishing in front of nanaimo to fingers today ........ I can say one boat that is out there is killin it !
In the deep water ....... Lots of small fish still but some good ones in the bunch ....... Fishin in the rain ... Oh ya

Man I really wanted to get out tonight for a fish but it's just a bit to windy. Tomorrow morning there suppose to be no wind at all can't wait to go slay some fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked ugly all weekend :(. Spent the rain time working on the boat. I'm almost there. Hope to get out this week after work for a couple of evenings. Seems the evening bite has been great. I am really appreciating all the reports lately and have been reading them constantly. See you out there soon! :).

On a high note a buddy of mine took the Angel Of Death (some of you will know what boat I'm talking about lol) out with his kid and caught a 25 lber off the fingers within 10 minutes of setting gear on Saturday!!! That boat is fishy for sure.

Love this shot :cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back