Nanaimo Saltwater

F

fishypete

Hey guys, im new to saltwater fishing, been a freshwater guy for years, any advice,im heading out with a buddy into the water on sunday, any action going on ???

Have you seen this report???????

found at www.silverbluecharters.com/news.php

Silver Blue Charters Ltd.

GABRIOLA ISLAND & AREA REPORT

On The Line - February 28th, 2007 Report

By Bob Meyer - Silver Blue Charters

Chinook fishing proved to be very good on our last trip on the Silverblue. We landed a dozen fish, eight of which were undersized and released. We also released one keeper, and kept fish of 7, 11, and 12 pounds. The smaller fish were found in deep water (220 feet) off the waterfall, and the larger fish were found in 160 feet of water off the Grande. All the strikes came within 10 feet of the bottom, and all the fish were caught on black/white Coyote spoons. Thrasher, the Cannery and the Fingers are all said to be worthwhile places to fish. Rhys Davis teasers in clear green scale or green fished with strip or whole baits, Coyotes in green/silver or prism, or hoochies in green splatterback or Army Truck will also tempt fish.

Prawning is good off the Flat Tops. Try tuna cat food at 350 feet for best results.

GOOD FISHING!

Bob Meyers reports are great for the local areas, if you want to know more feel free to ask him, hes not secretive or anything. Overall good guy and a hell of a good fishermen.

if ever on the island i suggest you try and book a time with him

another good spot is porlier pass

Where is this place they call the fingers. I've read his report referring to locations like whale bone ? and the water fall? I think the latter two areas around Gabriola, but I have no idea where these places are, Can any one help me.

the waterfall is just a small creek flowing off a ledge near the Grande(the old grande hotel), the hotel to the waterfall is a commonly used tac.

You come out of silva bay and can start fishing in minutes

so your referring to the flat to the north west as you leave Silva bay.

that is correct

thrasher rock and the green can are also rather close to silva bay and prove to catch fish.

Fished Porlier on saturday nothing on the out side, came to the inside and had one good hit the reel started to screem but lost it. No other boats around .

when u fish the inside of porlier od u fish the south portion where theres that small cliff and a dock?

i need to get out there[|)]
i have not been fishing in a few weeks and last time out got 2 nice fish.
its driving me insane[xx(]

"Your Desperateooos come to your senses"(okay lets hear from the Simons on the board!!!)go to a trout farm or something cripeeees think a about it!!!Let the legals caught and KILLED!!!! get "TYEE"

Kronik, your spew means jack.
The Nan. Saltwater has been pretty quite as of the last few day's with minimal reports, other than myself and a few of the locals reporting sporatic bites from the Grande to the otherside of Ent. Wait till the spawn is done with and the next moon yields the first of the South Bound migratory of 07' "nooks" Cannot wait.-cheers dirty
p.s.- coffee is on at the shop. Stop by for a B.S.

Back