Nanaimo is on fire!

R

RVP

Lot's of fish this past weekend ranging from shakers to 28 lbs. with many in the low to mid teens. I just had an opportunity to take some pictures from the boat ramp of some beauty headless chinook and one of the fish was 28 and the other was 19 pounds...totally awesome fish - beautiful color and very fat and healthy.

Time is now - renew your tidal lic. and get your butt out on the tide! Stop in and have a coffee...we're open from 7am to 7pm seven days a week. Nanaimo's sport fishing centre - Screaming Fish & Fly.

picture.jpg

went out today in the small boat, was too rough out at thrasher so we fished off of decourcy for a bit. Only fished one rod and got one fish about 8 lbs, last week got one about 16.

quote:Originally posted by CLUBBER

RVP,
WHAT GEAR R U USING? EVER FISH PLUGS?

CLUBBER - actually, I was not out...just the feedback at the boat ramp beside the Sportfishing Centre. He caught them on Cop Car Coyotes. other successful anglers have been using anchovy as well as white hootchy and army trucks or mint tulip needlefish.

Cheers,
RVP

Where is the public launch in that area?

quote:Originally posted by Poacher2

Where is the public launch in that area?

Departure Bay, between the Ferry terminals and the Sportfishing Centre...

$7 launch fee includes all day parking - bring coins for the parking ticket machine.

Cheers
RVP

quote:Originally posted by reel addiction

Where's MR GREEN? fishing the sound ?

He is building traps for meeee...I hope. Actually he has a few to do first and then we'll have his traps down at the Sportfishing Centre along with a pallet of Carlyle and pellets in about ten days.

cheers,
RVP.

I was fishing out of schooner cove this morning 1 on lost it to a seal.seemed like a good one.but on the way home i noticed 10 or more boats around piper's,i was just curious as to how you guy's where doing and if any fish were caught today.cheers m.t.:D

...yes, Sunday, the boat launch had about five boats with fish off of the mid day - ranging from 10 to 20 lbs. It looks like things are continuing to get better. :)

fished decourcy and got two fish, 8 and 11.
copcar and army truck hootchie
didnt manage to get to the outside though

Who needs to go outside when you can get a couple of BBQ sized fish in beautiful protected waters. Rob, where do you fish Decourcy, betweend Valdes or on the West side? The new RCA in Hourston Passage reeally screwed up my old fav. areas. I've caught a few nice fish just at the south end... We have a place on Decourcy.

I fish the stewart channel side near ruxton pass. I can safely say i know that area better then anyone, three years of fishing for springs with decent success.Only 4 minutes from my cabin on ruxton too. Where abouts is your place on decourcy?

this is the first year i've fished more then 1 rod though:D So far this season i've gotten 3 fish in 4 outings in that area, 7, 8, 11.
I am not complaining, I've put in the hours

Tyee, reports from whalebone to the waterfall were nothing but positive this morning. Not alot in the size dept. but consistant action reported from a reliable source. Helpfull hint, they were full of squid. Splatter back seemed to be the key.-dirty

i plan to get my gear in the water tomorrow and will report upon my return

Back