Nanaimo Fishing Report

D

Dirtdog67

Saltwater reports:

Reports outta Nanaimo are pretty solid compared to years past. We have had some above avg. fishing for Chinooks over the last month. Depending on the area, seals have been from bothersome to almost non-existant. Not alot to report from the other side of Gabriola other than getting on the bite before the seals move in. The Cannery has been a real troublesome spot with a pretty high ratio of fish lost to the furry little buggers.
The local scene has been great with the Fingers to Neck being the place to fish. 4 fathom reef off of shack has been great with the top of the flood. Depths are relatively shallow as well, allowing the guy with weighted rods a chance at getting in on some the action. It has produced two fish over 30lbs. in the last few days.
Splatter back with an insert is a key bet fished behind a silver Betsy. The Flamin' Hans is another good bet, as well as the cop car and army truck coyote in the 4.0"

Darren Dickenson
Charter Manager Screaming Fish & Fly
(250) 244-1011
fishing@screamingfishfly.com

Oops, R.V.P. was still signed in. Thanks for the clarification T.T. I will mind my P's and Q's.cheers-dirty
By the way, how is fishing in your neck of the woods??

Fishing is slow down here like normal for this time of year, a few fish around for the guys that put in the time.

I've got a few early reports from the Charlottes. The westside is average for this time of year. Winning fish in the West Coast Resorts Masters Tourney was 46 pounds this last week. Langara is slow from the reports I'm hearing but there are some good days. Naden lodges just starting to open so I should hear soon.

I see you've found yourself a good little niche there, I might have to come up and wet a line with you.

TT

Anytime T.T., the boat will be moored as of tomorrow. Drop me a line and we will try to set something up.cheers-dirty

Hey dirty going to cambell river tomorrow.I'll let you no how i do.I forgot to get some slitshots oh well talk to yo tomorrow.

Back