My lowrance LCMs 480 won't read my sd card

spring time

as the title says my LCMs 480 m won't read the sd card. I have acquired satellite take the sd card out and in no difference I have tried to install update sd card and it doesn't read it either. I go into Mmc and says no file I think it's the reader any other options

try cleaning the contacts on the chip and the lmc480, my unit did that a month ago, cleaned contacts and put a little dielectric grease and all good.

As Salmon killer stated try cleaning the contacts. If the SD card is still not reading, try reading the info off the card from a computer SD slot. If the card is not recognized in your computer either my guess would be the card is faulty or the data has become corrupted.

Peer into the slot and check that all of the brass tabs are present, there should be one for each contact on your card. Often salt air will cause corrosion, combined with years of fatigue from bouncing around in a boat, a tab will break off. Sometimes using a small tool (fashioned from stiff wire) will hook the stub left behind and pry it up, allowing you to make a contact with the card.

Older lowrance will not read a card over 1 gig... you need to install an update first... it is found on the lowrance site.... however.... in order to load the update... you need of course to find an older 1G or less card... then it will read newer cards.

Back