MP15 or what ?

Bows Up

So I'm tying up some terminal (hopefully) tackle, respooling a few reels etc and thinking about the last few weeks. Dragging MP15's we took sockeye, a couple of pinks, quite a few coho and a couple of springs. Chum love them. Focus was sockeye but the incidental catch picked up was no real surprise. The only other lure that has taken all five kinds salmon for me is a 2 3/4" green glo Gypsy but I wouldn't put it in the same class as pink squirts.

Anybody want to nominate another all-rounder or is the MP15 the boss ?

Sorry, Bruce.

I had experienced with the MP-15 mini hootchy to use for Alberni inlet for sockeye and spring. The MP15 was very popular to use for Alberni Inlet for salmon fishing.

MP-15 is the hot transparent pink hootchy. They are old product in around 1990's I believe they are selling the mp-15 in Alberni town or other towns. They should have it.

Today, we have lot of good selection tackle stores do carry hootchies. They are much better than in old day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry my mistake.. it was MP- 16 mini squirts was very popular in Alberni.. I dont know if they do still mp-16 today.

Back