More challenges coming?

It won't be good. Why do we have science based management for species that is sustainable and then need mpa closures? FN support as it won't impact their fisheries.

It won't be good. Why do we have science based management for species that is sustainable and then need mpa closures? FN support as it won't impact their fisheries.
Look at the map for potential areas to be closed. Coast wide hotspots especially on the central coast around Rivers inlet …..even Bremner point by the looks of it

I think it will in fact affect FN commercial fisheries, to a lesser or greater extent. This was a process spearheaded by non fisheries managers, but instead MPA ENGO experts. And it is very complex with literally hundreds of zones that don't even match the DFO areas that are used to regulate fisheries.

I really don't understand how they will legally and legitimately regulate commercial fisheries, as commercial fisheries are managed by DFO through various Acts such as the Fisheries Act; but NOT Parks Canada and NOT through the Canada National Marine Conservation Areas Act. I do not see legally how Parks Canada can regulate commercial fisheries except through possibly exclusion to an area.

Look at the closures around qwii hanis Park. 50 percent closed to all commercial and rec. There are also restrictions in the broken islands area Park.

Look at the map for potential areas to be closed. Coast wide hotspots especially on the central coast around Rivers inlet …..even Bremner point by the looks of it
Theres diffarent classes of mpas…some are closed to fishing some arent That map doesnt diffarentiate between them

There is only one way to get rid of this non-sense and complete disregard for public access with those who believe everything is a park where no one can use and enjoy it. Vote out the Trudeau Liberals who are the ones driving these proposals!

Last edited:
There is only one way to get rid of this non-sense and complete disregard for public access with those who believe everything a park where no one can use and enjoy it. Vote out the Trudeau Liberals who are the ones driving these proposals!
I have literally disowned relatives that don’t live in B.C. and they think Trudeau is doing a wonderful job 😳

Last edited:
Back