Mooring buoys Prince Rupert

Charts

Anyone know of some mooring buoys in Prince Rupert and surrounding areas? Ie work Channel or Dundas? I can throw the pick but also nice just to be tied up and just unclip and go in the morning

Might be one on the west side of Whitesands island near bottom east end of Dundas. The other places I knew to tie up got blown out two or three years ago during the winter storms.

Anyone know of some mooring buoys in Prince Rupert and surrounding areas? Ie work Channel or Dundas? I can throw the pick but also nice just to be tied up and just unclip and go in the morning
We have a spot we use regularly up there, but no mooring buoy. We anchor every night and pull every morning. The problem with an anchoring buoy is it’s first come first serve. So if you're a couple minutes late you have to go to plan B. Why not start with plan B. We rarely have boats anchoring in the cove we use, however we have had very busy nights if a commercial fishery is in swing farther up north. They know the good spots to anchor for the night. However that’s not the norm up there.

Oly

Leave a scotchman with your name on it clipped to your anchor and just hook on each day then pull when it’s time to go home

Leave a scotchman with your name on it clipped to your anchor and just hook on each day then pull when it’s time to go home

Have you done this up North? Just wondering if you had any problems. Some of the paces we anchor I would think if you had your buoy in the premium spot and others came in, they might just think of moving your buoy and maybe loosing your anchor in the process. Would suck to be coming back to no anchor and having to use the spare if you brought one.

Oly

Reserving the premium spot with a scotchman is probably not best practice. Off to the side a bit would invite less issues.

Have you done this up North? Just wondering if you had any problems. Some of the paces we anchor I would think if you had your buoy in the premium spot and others came in, they might just think of moving your buoy and maybe loosing your anchor in the process. Would suck to be coming back to no anchor and having to use the spare if you brought one.

Oly
Have not up north no. I would always have a spare anchor on such a trip.

Back