Miracle Beach fishing?

ichenjia

Hi folks,

I am going to camp at Miracle Beach this weekend with family. Just wondering is it possible to toss some buzzbombs off the beach for salmon or greenlings? If not, any recommendations?

Thank you!

Hi folks,

I am going to camp at Miracle Beach this weekend with family. Just wondering is it possible to toss some buzzbombs off the beach for salmon or greenlings? If not, any recommendations?

Thank you

pretty shallow area. mouth of the black creek to the north is a bit deeper but still not the best. my kids love bullhead fishing there

There are probably some cutties in the area, but I'd toss spoons and spinners - or even better, flies - at them. Non-retention, of course. If you were there 5-6 weeks from now, you'd be able to fish for pink salmon. You could also rip up to Campbell River and fish off the pier. Salmon are caught pretty regularly from it.

There are probably some cutties in the area, but I'd toss spoons and spinners - or even better, flies - at them. Non-retention, of course. If you were there 5-6 weeks from now, you'd be able to fish for pink salmon. You could also rip up to Campbell River and fish off the pier. Salmon are caught pretty regularly from it.
Can't keep them (salmon)anyway-why waste the gas!!

pretty shallow area. mouth of the black creek to the north is a bit deeper but still not the best. my kids love bullhead fishing there
Great memories fishing bullheads knee deep way out the beach on a low tide! Great little fighters on a super light setup for kids!

Awesome! Thanks guys. I will bring my fly rod along for the cutties.
Cruise the beaches near creek/river mouths with stripped fry imitations and you might get into some cutties. They're definitely up there. You could also fish lower pools in some of the rivers (with a freshwater license). Might track down a fish or two. Good luck!

We camped at Miracle Beach back in the day. Dad told us the tide went out "a mile". I don't know about that, but I'd guess over a quarter mile. Super shallow sandy area. Way too shallow for anything but flies. Small flatfish and sculpins.

I have seen crabbers wading with a net on the very low tides at Oyster Bay - I haven’t tried it but have caught a few there in traps over the years.

Back