mesachie motor boats?

They used to be back in the day,as I was born and raised there.Not too many people fished it from a boat,though as
the lake was FULL of deadheads and debbrie from 20 some odd years of log dumping and booming for the local mill. There
was a dredging operation there in the 80's that may have cleaned it up somewhat since then,but I can't say for sure.
Caught some nice trout and hawg Dolly Varden out of there in the late 60's,early 70's. I'd fish the creek mouth at the
north end of the lake where it runs out to join Bear Lake,and just slay em certain times of the year.As I remember,late
Fall was the hot time. Haven't been fishing there in years,as I mostly fish the saltchuck nowadays.Give it a try and report back.It'd be good to here how it is at the old "stompin' gounds these days!

Thanks guys that help not too into lake fishing either but we rented a cabin there for 3 nights so going to bring up the small aluminum with a kicker and try to get into some fish let you know if I catch anything

Yes, motors are allowed on Mesachie as for getting a boat on the lake is pretty limited as there are a few cabins and the rest of the property around the lake is mostly owned by Camp Imadene. For the longest time it was just two camp boats that ran around it, now in the rescent years many of the cabins at the end have put boats in for the summer. There is no public boat launch.

Back