Mercury Vesselview mobile

Bifmalibu

Anybody using the mobile version of vessel view? Any feedback? Good, bad otherwise? I'm thinking its a fairly easy way to get an ultra cheap network set up and could probably use it on an iPad, worst case iPhone size screen would still deliver the essential info.

Thanks.

Anybody using the mobile version of vessel view? Any feedback? Good, bad otherwise? I'm thinking its a fairly easy way to get an ultra cheap network set up and could probably use it on an iPad, worst case iPhone size screen would still deliver the essential info.

Thanks.
I was so close to getting that set up, but when I changed motor recently, I went for the troll control tachometer with the engine readouts and rpm adjustments.

Last edited:
I have it. It’s good for reading engine hours and staying up to date on maintenance. Tells you what you need to do based on their maintenance schedule. Most importantly is you can read your codes. The only code I’ve had was when I ran out of gas.

Attachments

• 188D5F5C-4ED3-4FFA-A9F2-F09DC11681C7.png
    188D5F5C-4ED3-4FFA-A9F2-F09DC11681C7.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 1EB08A81-D74E-4273-8FFE-A4F5E02837B7.png
    1EB08A81-D74E-4273-8FFE-A4F5E02837B7.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 40

Thanks.
I use it constantly to get the real time temps/accurate RPM and fuel burn on my smaller 50 - one caveat though - since I have it on whenever the engine is on, it actually caused a sceen image burn on my samsung phone. Got so bad I finally had to get a new phone (kept the old one to use exclusively for the vesselview)

Between it and a smart-craft gauge.. get the gauge.. You can set your troll speed with it based on RPM or MPH depending on the gauge. Cant set troll speed with bluetooth :(

Between it and a smart-craft gauge.. get the gauge.. You can set your troll speed with it based on RPM or MPH depending on the gauge. Cant set troll speed with bluetooth :(
Absolutely!

What's the approximate cost and where can you buy it all? Don't you need a nmea network for that guage?

What's the approximate cost and where can you buy it all? Don't you need a nmea network for that guage?

no, just an adapter cable, it all connects to the harness which brings the data from the engine to the console area. Mind you the engine has to be 2004 and newer I believe. I recently bought the MercMonitor ECO Gauge, not the one that looks like a tach with the rpm + - buttons on it.

This is what the MercMonitor gauge looks like:

mercmonitor.png__475x600_q85_autocrop_size_canvas_subsampling-2_upscale.png

SmartCraft gauge:

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Engine is a 2019, 90hp. Is this a dealer item? I haven't had much luck finding them online.
Your engine is fine, just need to decide which way you want to go. The one that looks like a tach does not have all the screen/read-out options the other one does but is fine for most applications. The troll speed adjustment is what you want ultimately. You could check at the boat show for pricing.

Back