Mercury mechanic wanted

C

cannibal chris

I'm looking for a mercury mechanic in surrey or the surrounding areas. I'm having a problem that has been going on for months where it seems to lose a bit of power at wot and it got to the point where I'm running at under 10 mp/h at wot. It's a 95 mercury 100hp 2 stroke. Reasonable priced would be good too. I took the boat to my mechanic in sept and it cost me $100 for him to tell me the compression was good and look it over. Needless to say I wasn't happy about that and wanted the problem fixed.
Thanks for your input as always
Chris.

Try Trevor at maple marine in langey

Chris, I had a 40 merc. 1990 and it may be the same problem. Exhaust was completely gummed up, guys at m&b marine had never seen one so bad, apparently they said it may have been caused from cheap oil( not merc) previous owner I thought, but who knows. Just putting it out there, may not be your problem. It definitely lost power! Another issue I had with it was one of the seals. Thank god for mechanic friend, saved me 1000 there, for a 15$ seal.the only other problem I had was forgetting to plug in a spark plug wire to the no.4 cylinder. Yup dumb butt! Changed plugs and whoops! As for a mechanic, ive been pretty loyal to m&b marine.

Thanks boys. What I did was change my inline fuel filter, my racor filter and drained the carb bowls and lost one of the carb bowl screws. Damn screw cost me $18 to replace and the fired it up and it ran really nice. Better than it has all year but I'm going to the lake this weekend to see how it runs on the water. #1and#3 carb had some fluid in them but I'm positive I ran it out of gas last time I flushed it so I guess we will see on sat if it's running right.

Back