Mercury 4 stroke motors.

C

cannibal chris

I am looking at the 2014 mercury four stroke motors as I want to re power my boat and want to hear what other owners have to say. I'm looking at a 90hp lease return with under 400 hours. Are these good motors? Do I need to look for anything? Any input would be appreciated.

I am looking at the 2014 mercury four stroke motors as I want to re power my boat and want to hear what other owners have to say. I'm looking at a 90hp lease return with under 400 hours. Are these good motors? Do I need to look for anything? Any input would be appreciated.

I have the 150 4stroke on my Malibu 182. I only have about 45 hours on it but it's a very nice motor, quiet, fuel efficient, starts easy every time. I have nothing but good things to say about it and I was not a Mercury fan.

The other thing I really like is that it was made for servicing at home. Everything is easy to reach and there are videos online to show you how to do all the services required.

All in all, I'm very pleased with it so far.

go to the Bridge view marine website.. there might be something
What he said;)
if nothing listed call Ray and see if he knows whats coming in

They have been running them on the Prince of Whales Vancouver boats and they are loving them. Quiet , fuel efficient and no problems.

beemer

I have a 2007 90hp 4 stroke EFI with 1,000 hours. I've done all the maintenance myself and have found everything easy to work on. No issues so far. Very happy with the engine.

Bought a 200 hp verado afew months ago so low hours but performs great, quiet and alot more fuel efficient than old 2 cycle 175 hp black max. Smart gauges/rigging are a nice feature (lots of information and built in shut down safety features). ""Dock" mode that lowers rpm while docking is a great feature as well. Only complaint with gauges is that im used to several round gauges where these are just two - tach and speed where you button through the various temp/pressure recordings.

Back