Maui Jim's at Costco $99

Damn!!, just bought a new pair in Hawaii @ 179.00
figures.......

They are not on the website....... That was the first place I looked. But they are in store.

Now if we could only get the $200 Factory Sage fishing rods the US stores had.....

Are these still around or long gone?

Dumped my MJ's off a sea doo last week. Ouch!

I got exciited when I saw this thread as I just lost my good pair of shades, went to costco in burnaby (stillcreek) and they had them for the $99 price. they only carry the black one in one size, very nice gasses, I wasn't too happy when I tried them on though as the springs on the arms seem to be not tight enough so the fit seemed a bit too loose, ok if you're just sitting there but can't see them remaining in place on a bumpy ride to the fishing grounds. I will try them at pacific angler next time i'm there to compare, I suspect these may be a cheap chinese knock off at costco. still may buy a pair as the glare cutting is excellent, just wanna make sure I'm getting the real deal 1st. funny thing is I lost my good shades at costco a couple of weeks ago, lol.
cheers nicnat

I got exciited when I saw this thread as I just lost my good pair of shades, went to costco in burnaby (stillcreek) and they had them for the $99 price. they only carry the black one in one size, very nice gasses, I wasn't too happy when I tried them on though as the springs on the arms seem to be not tight enough so the fit seemed a bit too loose, ok if you're just sitting there but can't see them remaining in place on a bumpy ride to the fishing grounds. I will try them at pacific angler next time i'm there to compare, I suspect these may be a cheap chinese knock off at costco. still may buy a pair as the glare cutting is excellent, just wanna make sure I'm getting the real deal 1st. funny thing is I lost my good shades at costco a couple of weeks ago, lol.
cheers nicnat

They are not knock offs from China. It's not the fault of the store or Maui Jim that you may have a differently shaped head. :)

The store in Courtenay carried 3 different styles in 2 different colors. All for a third of the cost of the same glasses at pacific angler.

Agree with FA.....Costco would not sell cheap fakes...add to that a buddy bought some 3 days ago at the store in downtown Vancouver.

Pippen, do you know if the store downtown carries all types or just the black ones like the burnaby store? I specificly asked if they had more than the one type, they don't or the person I talked to knew didly.

lo l@ fa, nope normal size and pretty much all glasses fit me fine, the ones I tried on would be in the drink on the 1st downrigger set, maybe have been abused or something as they were the only maui jim's in the display case

back at costco burnaby today with the wife, headed over to the sunglasses, wanted to try on another pair outta the box to see if they fit better. low and behold they have 2 types on display. the new ones were a single box of the wraparound they had found in behind some old stock. perfect fit, no way these are coming off, so am now a very happy owner of a very nice pair of maui jims. they said they won't be getting any more in and all of them were basically from old stock and were going fast in most stores. if you want some and see them at costco grab them while can, sure sounds like once they run out that's going to be it.

cheers nicnat

Hey nicnat.......just saw this and glad you found some.

The ones my buddy got were kinda of a darker 'tortoise' type brownish hue.

Back