Malibu boats

Does anyone know where Malibu boats are/were made and know where to find specs about the different hulls, the 162, 182, 185, fish and ski etc...the only thing I can find is info on the big U.S ski boat company. I am assuming they have gone under as I can’t find any website about them.
Thanks
I have a 1993 Malibu 2300 hardtop

3C169F77-6228-484E-A51A-49EB4B2EE5EE.jpeg
Does anyone know where Malibu boats are/were made and know where to find specs about the different hulls, the 162, 182, 185, fish and ski etc...the only thing I can find is info on the big U.S ski boat company. I am assuming they have gone under as I can’t find any website about them.
Thanks
My 2300

Hey guys, this is the first time finding more info about the Malibu boats than EVER before!! quite exciting. :)

I bought a 1981 Malibu 202 Cuddy last summer and camped on it 5 times. I didn't own a boat before this one and never slept on the water before last summer. I am absolutely involve with the whole thing. The boat had a new block tossed in it 2 years ago, and the guy i bought it from had some medical issues and couldn't keep it anymore. It was a bit rough on the outside but he had showed me all the money he spent on the new block and other work around it. So i bought it for what i thought was a bargain and later found out that it has a heater and a sink under one of the seats that seemed to have leaved for a long time and destroyed the left side of the floor. I know this cuz the entire boat is gutted out now and fibreglass floor off the left bulkhead is removed and nothing but rotten floor :(
So now that we are this deep, me being handy and COVID has shut all our lives down it was time to investigate the soft spots and kick off a project for the summer.

I've been hunting for images of a boat like mine to see what it looks like what has changed and if anyone has rebuilt a floor on one of these but to my surprise it's been insanely hard to find information on this. Today was the first day landing any real info about Malibu boats. Is there ANY chance of retrieving blueprints of contacting someone to get that sort of info? Any help here would be much appreciated

... I know this cuz the entire boat is gutted out now and fibreglass floor off the left bulkhead is removed and nothing but rotten floor :(
So now that we are this deep, me being handy and COVID has shut all our lives down it was time to investigate the soft spots and kick off a project for the summer.

I've been hunting for images of a boat like mine to see what it looks like what has changed and if anyone has rebuilt a floor on one of these but to my surprise it's been insanely hard to find information on this. Today was the first day landing any real info about Malibu boats. Is there ANY chance of retrieving blueprints of contacting someone to get that sort of info? Any help here would be much appreciated
The floor systems are generic on most older fiberglass boats so you could check out several youtube videos on the topic. On this website there are also several threads on project boats, some of which include floor replacement.

Many years ago I replaced the floor on an old Glaspar boat. It was quite a job removing the floor, waterlogged foam and rotten stringers but after the dirty work was done, the replacement work went well. I remember wishing I had kept larger pieces of intact flooring to template the new plywood. Coat all plywood, including edges, with marine epoxy. After the floor was in I had it all sprayed with Linex.

Yep...found it! Don’t tell my wife. Lol. She doesn’t like the fact that I keep things after I sell them. I even have the bill of sale from Sherwood.o_O The brochure on the 182 says 34 US gal tank and 1750lbs dry weight. It has a 17’10” centreline and a 7’4” beam. The brochure covers the full 2003 Malibu line up so let me know if you want another model. I’ll up load some pics tonight if I get a chance.
I just purchased a Malibu 185 and can't find any info on the boat. Great that you shared this. Do you still have any pics of the brochure? Thanks

I just purchased a Malibu 185 and can't find any info on the boat. Great that you shared this. Do you still have any pics of the brochure? Thanks

I did post some pictures on the previous page on this thread. If there is anything specific you want I can send you some more if you’d like.

Just wondering if anyone out there has some hidden gems like ReelSlim had, but for a 1993 malibu 162?

Specifically looking for a dry weight...

Just wondering if anyone out there has some hidden gems like ReelSlim had, but for a 1993 malibu 162?

Specifically looking for a dry weight...
I don't think they changed much. I picked up a 1990 175 that was sitting, spent a few days cleaning her up, it's been on the water since July and not a single problem. I paid $3k for it with a Yahama 115 and the trailer. ? I honestly got it for the motor to put it on my Pontoon, funny how things change. Mine however is missing the TC plaque and any capacity stickers. I have the Hull number but thats it. Based on the above pics I was able to get some details about it. I was talking with Malibu Boats USA, I found it odd he had never heard of these boats, so I sent him some details.

Attachments

• Boats.JPG
    Boats.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I don't think they changed much. I picked up a 1990 175 that was sitting, spent a few days cleaning her up, it's been on the water since July and not a single problem. I paid $3k for it with a Yahama 115 and the trailer. ? I honestly got it for the motor to put it on my Pontoon, funny how things change. Mine however is missing the TC plaque and any capacity stickers. I have the Hull number but thats it. Based on the above pics I was able to get some details about it. I was talking with Malibu Boats USA, I found it odd he had never heard of these boats, so I sent him some details.
Hey - did you ever find out any more info on this? I’m in the same boat (pun intended). Just picked up an ‘85 175, but it has no capacity plate. Would be nice to know how many people I can take out!

I have a Malibu 202 that I picked up for pennies. It was factory "Podded." Have spent all winter restoring. It's a little underpowered with 1998-Merc.115 (2 stroke). Looking to repower to 150. Can't find Capacity/Compliance label for ratings. Transom is in perfect condition. Any idea of capacity ratings?

Does anyone have the transport Canada tag on their malibu 182? I’m trying to figure out the maximum persons and weight capacity of the boat

Back