Malibu 182

slaydown

Hey guys,
Just set up a viewing for a 2006 Malibu 182, it has a 150 Yamaha. I do not have a ton of knowledge on them but from the brief search I have done they sound pretty good. It looks perfect for my needs. Does anybody have any opinions or info on these?

Had one. Sold it. Regret selling it to this day. Good at most everything, great at nothing. Benefited from trim tabs. Fished all over the Island and offshore on the nice days. Man I miss it...

That’s the right power. Newer hull should give you many good years. I felt it had a bit small of a deck and a bit more cuddy than I need, so I went back to a double eagle.

They sound pretty awesome. Thanks for the replies
Any idea on total length from trailer ball to motor. The guy I'm taking to is guessing 23ft.

Had a 185 malibu for ten years and fished all over the island - Nootka, Bamfield, and Nanaimo. Handled the seas well for it's size. Trim tabs definitely help especially in the swells. The 150 yamaha should be perfect. We had a 135 Merc optimax after we podded the inboard and that was plenty of power.20170809_165955.jpg

Back