Making seals popular

I've had smoked sea lion a couple of times - it is very rich. Can't eat too much of it - sorta like Eulachon oil that way. I did send away for the seal capsules from the East Coast suppliers that have healthy amounts & proportions of various essential lipids/fatty-acids as shown on the label:

Attachments

• DSCF0252.JPG
    DSCF0252.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0253.JPG
    DSCF0253.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 7
Has the issue of toxicity of seal products been answered yet? I know contaminant sampling has happened, and I have asked for the results, but have seen nothing so far.

I have not heard about results on seal meat but I remember when Sooke caught/ killed some sea lions in their fish trap and had the meat tested. It was to toxic for human consumption.

I think the fact the results of these contaminant samples are not being publicized suggests perhaps there is a toxicity problem. If not I suspect we would have heard by now.

I think the fact the results of these contaminant samples are not being publicized suggests perhaps there is a toxicity problem. If not I suspect we would have heard by now.

Hardly. As is usual in the world of science, those who happen top be in the know are not permitted to release study conclusions until they are peer reviewed and published. You are likely aware of this as I have directly mentioned it to you on this forum multiple times.

I would suggest that jumping to unsupported conclusions is simply that - jumping to unsupported conclusions.

Cheers

Back