Lunker bass in long lake!

C

cod commander

I know a couple people who have caught 6 and 7lbs bass in Long lake in Nanaimo(one of them living under their dock and catch it every year) but I still dont know the secret of ensaring one of those scrapper, but i do know where. If anyone knows what to use and how to use it that would be great.

-Cod

In-Fisherman is a great resource.
I am starting out with the bass fishing and was thinking of trying out Long lake this year. Hope you don't mind sharing the hunt!
This time of year the bass are starting to think of coming up from the deeper areas and looking for feed and bedding areas for spawning. I think that soft plastics or tubes off the bottom would work well but if it is a little warmer they should go for a slow moving, jerked crank bait.
but I am learning so I may be wrong......

I am starting out with the bass fishing and was thinking of trying out Long lake this year. Hope you don't mind sharing the hunt!
This time of year the bass are starting to think of coming up from the deeper areas and looking for feed and bedding areas for spawning. I think that soft plastics or tubes off the bottom would work well but if it is a little warmer they should go for a slow moving, jerked crank bait.

If your wanting to fish in long lake for bass try casting into the weeds down by the old folks home or casting near the docks along the side with the houses. Thats where i hear they hide. good luck

If your wanting to fish in long lake for bass try casting into the weeds down by the old folks home or casting near the docks along the side with the houses. Thats where i hear they hide. good luck

quote:

Too Cold yet! Give it another 4 weeks or so for the Bass to even think about spawning.

quote:

Too Cold yet! Give it another 4 weeks or so for the Bass to even think about spawning.

Back