Lucky lager question

R

River Hunter

So I had a 15 pack of Lucky last night and on the box it says Vancouver Island's beer or so'om and a picture of a guy holding a large fish.
I piped up mentioning that that fish looks like a lake trout or brown trout. I know it's only a drawing but it don't look like a salmon. Maybe a brown from Cameron lake or the cowie riv?

HAHAHA!..... We had this conversation not 4 days ago :D

(and good luck catchin a laker like that over here)

Reminds me of a full page ad I came across in a Canadian Outdoor Magazine years ago. The ad was produced by Tourism of Newfoundland promoting travel to Newfoundland. The ad mentioned how beautiful the scenery and the fjord-like Sounds were there, with a huge photo in the ad. The photo was of two people in a boat off Horseshoe Bay, BC !!!...with georgous Howe Sound in the background! I notified the Mag and told them so they passed the info onto Tourism Newfoundland. I got a note saying thanks for pointing that out and that they had "egg on their face". I always wondered if they knew but just figured they could slip that one by ?

Bad beer goes with bad advertising! :D Stella or Piper's for me.

$9.76 out the door for a 6 pak of Lucky at 6 Mile beer n wine!!!!! Man some stores charge $12.00 + I think [B)]
I think Lucky sells the most in Victoria (Langford?) and Nanaimo came in 2nd according to a poll I seen on Facebook. Does pretty good for a beer that has no T.V. ads. Time tested and trued I guess. It's a beer you either absolutely hate or ...like/love.
They need to change the picture though,I'll write to them and let them know.

Me thinks that Cumberland trumps them all, in comsumption..........:D:D

SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

When We played in the tourney in cummberland you had a choice in the beer gardens it weas either ice cold lucky,not so cold lucky or percys favorite warm lucky. and there was alot consumed in that weekend....

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Hey Fins. A buddy of mine owns a t-shirt shop in Vic, he makes Lucky shirts and hoodies there. I have one of each :D

He's recently changed locales, I'm trying to find out where he is now and I will post it here.

My buddy's shop is called "the Dog's Ear". 266-2950 Douglas Across the road from Canadian Tire.

If he doesn't stock stuff, I think he can make it. Not sure about stickers, KCW but give him shout, he's good guy.

Back