LOX issues...freezer quit!

Marko

Do any of you know if LOX would be destroyed if it thaws and comes up to room temperature? The fish was still in it's vacuum bags, but we did not realize the freezer was off until the fish was fully thawed and up to probably 20c. We've refrozen it, but are a little afraid to try some!

thoughts?

It may be worth working out the value of all the food lost and checking to see if it is covered under your home owners insurance and if it is worth the deductable.

Feed it to that jerk at work that always eats everyone else's food and see what happens to him. My father in law told me of a guy at a coal mine that never brought soap or shampoo; he always mooched off others. One day someone put nair in a shampoo bottle. he washed it into his hair and you know the rest of the story.

im sure it will be fine look at all that smoked salmon thats on store shelves at room temp its already cured smoked and salted if you dont want it ill take it off your hands LOL

I would try it. If you are too scared to try it bring some to me : )

Offer a piece to a cat. If it eats it your good to go I have been told. Same does not go for dogs they will eat anything.

Back