Lowrance Transducer compatibility

7Deuce

My old boat has a HDS7 Gen 1. My new boat has a LCX-27C. Can I pull the HDS7 and plug it into the new boat's transducer and wiring or do I need to pull both boats apart?

I believe the transducer on the new boat is just a stock Lowrance transducer. All the connections and cables appear to be the same on each unit.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Risks? Downsides? Thanks a lot!

Or another question, is there an easy way to determine what kind of transducer I'm dealing with? it looks the same style as my HDS transducer but approx. 2x the size. Do the Lowrance transducers have a part number on them somewhere? I couldn't find one.

HDS came with a 83/200 which is small

LCX came with 50/200 which is bigger

Transducer and power cable will work on either units

Mounting brackets are different

HDS came in both versions 83/200 and 50/200 you will get 200 but the low side wont image if its not a match.
Plugs are the same

That's interesting, I know many guys that have bought HDS units and only changed the mounting bracket and sold there old head unit with the new 83/200 and new power cable and heard no complaints.

It will just plug right in. I ran the larger 50/200 transducer on my old Gen1's with no problem.
You will need to select the old transducer from the set up screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will just plug right in. I ran the larger 50/200 transducer on my old Gen1's with no problem.
You will need to select the old transducer from the set up screen.

That's what I thought. Would the 83/200 hds transducer be compatible with the older gps. I imagine the process would be the same... Pick the right transducer in settings and all good...

That's interesting, I know many guys that have bought HDS units and only changed the mounting bracket and sold there old head unit with the new 83/200 and new power cable and heard no complaints.
Sorry must have confused the question…..upside down again lol
I was thinking he wanted to use the old head with the new transducer and I wasnt sure if the older LCX would pick up the 83hz?
HDS can select 50/83 for the low side and could be purchased with either ducer.

if you would like to make sure of which you have look for the silver tag near the plug end,
the model info is located there, the 50/200 was a better ducer IMO

Thanks for all the help everyone that replied. Some more testing required but it seems like the swap works fine. Cheers

Yes I was considering a p66 but I think I still own the old boat and the new boat so upgrades need to wait for some money to come in.

What does a p66 generally cost?

Holy crap I thought it was way more. Yup that might be coming home with me when the department of homeland control isn't watching

I have a p66 with the LCX 27 and I'm happy. You might want to consider selling the old boat with HDS7 as a sales feature. The way tech changes these days wait until the LCX27 craps out and then replace.

if i say it real quick the TM270W is only $1,350
hope her indoors is not thinking when i purchase it .or i may have to revert to a p66 ....lol

Back