lowrance lms-525c df

fishies

Im having problems with the sonar on this unit. It was working great set on 200kHz frequency but then it suddenly would only read 1 or 2 feet. When i switched to show both the 50 and 200kHz frequency the 50 was reading correct but the 200 stayed at reading 1 or 2 feet. The tranducer was brand new. Anyone experience this problem or know a solution?

Thanks

was there any junk in the water?
I had a similar issue with mine but I have a lms527 networked with an HDS10 and an airmar p79 shoot thru hull as well as a transom mount skimmer both are dual freq
both would read only 1-2 feet, no matter which transducer source I selected I had depth alarms going off and screens were filled yellow/orange, kinda freeked me out only I new I was in at least 300 feet of water between bowen and the mainland, happened when on plane at about 25mph and stayed that way untill I hard booted by killing power to them then they were ok just turning off and back on had no effect. havnt had a problem since

Last edited by a moderator:
jinxed myself, happened today and could not get it back for the life of me,
finally corrected itself after a long run back home? very strange indeed

Do a search for Lowrance ... There is a lot of Chit here on the problems associated with Lowrance units ( lucky me-- I have one too............0

Back