Lowrance LCX Series ,Reviews !! Opinions!!

sorry about that
You will the following

Simnet to NMEA 2000 Adaptation Kit
000-0127-45
and one of the following

FC40 Fluxgate Compass
or
RC42 Rate Compass
I got the compass from NIKKA $400.00
anf the cable from Island outfitters
$157.00

I just bought the LCX 38C HD last week, great unit. When I was at Nikka, I am sure they had the heading sensor available, give them a try.

Hey Guys

Just going to try the card update that you guys suggested as we have the LMS339 Lowrance system and the gps signal seems to getting worse.

Does the navionics have updates for the Gold card as well?

Thanks this info has been really helpful.

Hey Guys

Just going to try the card update that you guys suggested as we have the LMS339 Lowrance system and the gps signal seems to getting worse.

Does the navionics have updates for the Gold card as well?

Thanks this info has been really helpful.

There is no way that I know of to "update" your Navionics card.

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

I was just talking to 'my guy' Ron Lo at Westcom. He said Lowrance is good BUT... Rau Electronics retired and he was the only authorized fixer. SO... find out where your service is coming from before you buy.
Another note... I noticed a big box of Uniden products that were going back to the factory apparently un-fixable. gl.

I was just talking to 'my guy' Ron Lo at Westcom. He said Lowrance is good BUT... Rau Electronics retired and he was the only authorized fixer. SO... find out where your service is coming from before you buy.
Another note... I noticed a big box of Uniden products that were going back to the factory apparently un-fixable. gl.

Thanks guys. Hopefully this update will work otherwise I will have to grill the Lowrance guys at the boat show next month. It has never been that great right from the start, maybe it is the internal antenna and where it is mounted on the dash???

Thanks guys. Hopefully this update will work otherwise I will have to grill the Lowrance guys at the boat show next month. It has never been that great right from the start, maybe it is the internal antenna and where it is mounted on the dash???

I'd give the Lowrance tech support guys a call while you are sitting in front of your display. I've used their services before and they are super helpful. This time of year you can call in and there is barely any wait (summer is a different story obviously).

"Ten Miles" comments pretty much summarize my experience with a multifunction display package that includes radar. I'm running Raymarine stuff...c-80 multifunction display with DSM 300 600W/1KW digital sounder, RS125 GPS sensor and RD218 2KW Radome. I think the practice of experimenting with your equipment in clear weather and studying its capabilities/readings with various targets is a good one.
I have actually been pretty happy with the sensitivity of the radar to smaller targets... even kayaks and plastic/fiberglass objects... especially in the 2-3km range. I chose to have my equipment "commissioned" by a Raymarine technician (which are available in the Lower Mainland). The installation of the units was overseen and the radar/gps was calibrated by the technician and the integration of the components was checked and verified. My vhf emergency responder was integrated into the system. He also registered my boat emergency beacon capability with the "coast guards", and registered my warranties with Raymarine. Anyway, I feel that the cost of that service for my application was very reasonable ($300-$400 range)and I have some peace of mind as well. Having local service for my equipment was also important to me.

Will do thanks for the tips guys this has been a big help. It seems to lose the signal out in front of the bluffs quite often off Sooke not sure if anyone else has that problem.

Double check your wiring to make sure nothing came off (those units require 2 power/ 2 ground) so if something came off the screen could still power but the antenna may not. Aside from that the antenna may have died. If all else fails take the module in and get it replaced under warranty!

CS-- I am dealing with the same problem with my LMS-525C. I talked to Lowrance Service and they had me try a disconnect-reconnect. Didnt work. Just send it back with Bill of sale was the instruction. Before doing that I took the GPS module up to Tyee marine in Campbell river . The Module is working fine. Wires seem to be fine too-- but before I send it back to Montreal, I will try to find someone who has another extension cable and see if that is the problem. If its not that-- then the only other thing would be the connector on the Lowrance. But if I had followed thier advice first off-- I would have got the module back with a note that there was noting wrong with it. I HATE electronics..[V]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

same problem CS..new LCX27c...tried replacement antenna still had an intermitten GPS signal...mine appears to be the connection on the antenna pigtail...funny because connections located inside my cutty,its new, clean, dry????. Havn't had a problem recently but the last time I shut the unit off and disconnected and reconnected and that solved the problem. Weird..try it only takes a second.

quote:CS-- I am dealing with the same problem with my LMS-525C. I talked to Lowrance Service and they had me try a disconnect-reconnect. Didnt work. Just send it back with Bill of sale was the instruction. Before doing that I took the GPS module up to Tyee marine in Campbell river . The Module is working fine. Wires seem to be fine too-- but before I send it back to Montreal, I will try to find someone who has another extension cable and see if that is the problem. If its not that-- then the only other thing would be the connector on the Lowrance. But if I had followed thier advice first off-- I would have got the module back with a note that there was noting wrong with it. I HATE electronics

Well I just got a call from a local serviceman (thanks Striper Sniper) Problem solved without having to send it back to Lowrance in Montreal. It was the sealed extension cable that the module hooks into.

He was suprised it quit as I store the boat undercover and heat the cabin during the winter. Apparently he has seen this failure before, but usually in boats that are stored outside and not heated.

Watch out feeders and prawns-- here I come!! :D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Hi CS-- I just got lucky. The electronics guy that Striper Sniper referred me to has a basic supply of parts. It was just fortunate for me that he happened to have a new cable. If you need more info, drop me an email dirt432000@(nospam)yahoo.ca. Drop the "nospam" of course.

Cheers
CL

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Did the update on our LMS 339, seemed to work a little better but after 3 hours on the water yesterday it gave up signal for about 10 mins. The update seems to have a lot more chart info with the navionics now. Seems to be in the same place off the tin shack (Sooke). Will check the wires and connectors now.

Spoke with Lowrance guy at the boat show. He was saying to turn the WAAS off. GPS set up then unclick the WAAS. Without it on the gps is accurate to 17ft.

Back