Lowrance Fuel Sensor

Slabby20

I want to buy and install a Lowrance EP-60R Fuel Sensor (red connector). I see I can get that for about $60.00. It looks like the sensor comes with a 10' cable which isn't long enough. What else do I need to buy to install it and hook it up to the network? I have a LCX 37C sounder/GPS and my boat is an older 21' Trophy with a 150hp Yamaha. I'm kind of a knucklehead on electrical installations so any help in buying the right stuff is greatly appreciated.

Slabby

quote:Originally posted by Slabby20

I want to buy and install a Lowrance EP-60R Fuel Sensor (red connector). I see I can get that for about $60.00. It looks like the sensor comes with a 10' cable which isn't long enough. What else do I need to buy to install it and hook it up to the network? I have a LCX 37C sounder/GPS and my boat is an older 21' Trophy with a 150hp Yamaha. I'm kind of a knucklehead on electrical installations so any help in buying the right stuff is greatly appreciated.

Slabby

Should be an easy install. I think the only connection is to the network itself - no power connection, as it gets power from the network. The only thing you might need is a cable extention if you don't have enough length to reach the network cable.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

...and an inline fuel filter so it doesn't get bunged up. Mind you i bought the filter and didn't bother installing it and so far so good.

HEY SLABBY, how do you like your LCX 37 SOUNDER I'm looking to buy a new unit and that is one that I've been looking at. Is it user friendly, have you had any problems with it, any other coments would be greatly appreciated. CHEERS WIREMAN

I agree, recently installed the Lowrance LCX 37. Clear screen in all conditions holds the bottom like a dream at all speeds, big numbers on the display.

Kipper

Back