Lowrance Elite 7 HDI

vanisland

Just curious to get some feedback on this unit. Was in Hc today and they have them for $700 plus a $100 rebate and that comes with a 83/200 transducer. Im looking for a unit with nmea 2000 capability and this has it and for a decent price too. Any reviews on this product?

Just installed mine and love it way easier to see than the elite 5 from the back of the boat

Used mine all last year in the rear cockpit -with an airmar P66 transducer-Good bottom retention, charting was good-didn't lose the satellites often, Watch the sensitivity-if too high causes bottom loss-sometimes the power is required on the reset. Don't use auto sensitivity. All in all good product for the money-I would have no problems using this as my main unit

Does that include the upgraded charts? If not it's another couple hundred...I bought one last year on the same deal, pretty sure it was close to a grand after all was said and done.
Nice unit for the price.
Might be convinced to sell mine for $500...looking to upgrade to something radar capable

Im pretty sure they come with some type of chart chip. I was also looking for one that was radar capable but don't think I can drop 1k+ on the hds7 right now. I was thinking about pickup up the elite7 and then buying a used stand alone furuno radar setup. I think more people these days are going for the all in one unit tho.

Spring....did you say sometimes u had turn the power off if you had bottom loss? Was out with my father in law and he just got this unit and had a few issues with bottom loss. He has the p66 transducer as well. There was a lot of junk in the water, but it shouldnt have lost bottom like it did. Any suggestion on what settings for ping...senstivity etc.. would be greatly appreciated.

Spring....did you say sometimes u had turn the power off if you had bottom loss? Was out with my father in law and he just got this unit and had a few issues with bottom loss. He has the p66 transducer as well. There was a lot of junk in the water, but it shouldnt have lost bottom like it did. Any suggestion on what settings for ping...senstivity etc.. would be greatly appreciated.
Happened sometimes when reversing and at very odd times. Talked to Mike at HC and was told the auto sensitivity was the culprit-it is set way too high-he told me to set sensitivity to 76% or lower and it worked just fine. Hope that helps.

Back