Lowrance and their lackluster customer service

I love my Lowrance, never had a min. of trouble. THe graphics are second to none. Ive used garmins and others but none even come close. I also carry a spare antenna and wire harness. Havnt had to use them yet. This will be my 4th season on it.

Used a newer Lowrance with a Navionics chip down between Denmen and Hornby Island last week. The unit worked well but the chart depths were out to lunch. Kitty hump has the same problem. Any one know if there is a new chip that fixes the problem.
[FONT=&quot]GLG[/FONT]

Doncha just love it when the chart is blue, but all of a sudden, you can see the bottom??!!!

Lowrance vs. Furuno

Just bought a new boat that had a Lowrance HD-10 and broadband radar installed. I've been tracking Lowrance customer service issues (and performance issues) on this forum as well as other forums (and from friends of mine that own boats).

It seems to be a mantra that just keeps on repeating itself over and over again--- Simrad, for reasons unknown, seems to have made a corporate decision to let Lowrance's customer service division twist in the wind.

At least in years' past you could get a human on the other end of the Lowrance phone and begin the conversation about what kind of problems you were having....

So before the ink was dry on the boat purchase agreement I stripped all the Lowrance electronics off the boat, sold it on Craigslist, and went out and replaced it with Furuno Navnet

Yes, I paid more for the Furuno, but it sure is nice to send an email to Camas, Washington then before the day is over, receive a detailed response from the Furuno techs.

The responses are clearly written, easy to understand, and then a few days later, you get another email asking if your problem was resolved. If I got that type of customer service from Lowrance I'd faint

It's too bad-- I had Global Map 2000 for 10 years on my last boat and it worked flawlessly.

I went Furuno and I'll never go back

Back