lower stamp drifting

hey guys i bought a watermaster raft last year and have drifted a few island streams as well as the upper stamp. I would really like to float from the falls to the gun club this winter but am kinda skeptical of that section. Any advice... ive walked the river on the airport side 50 times or so and am kinda sketched by eagle rock run... also whats your thoughts on solo drifting, i only have one buddy to drift with and he is not as keen on winter steelheading? any advice would be great thanks

Girl guide can be interesting too

That sounds kinda disturbing. :p :p

LOL!

There's a couple pieces of water you will need to watch out for. Down the chute from Eagle Rock can be "Fun", but even more so is The Bucket. I wouldn't suggest taking a "raft" through there in high winter water conditions. Can be walked around (usually).
The idea of going solo on sketchy water ain't all that brilliant IMO. Looking for Trouble usually means you'll find it. Suggest getting together with someone who has done that run a few times for your first few runs. After you know it, should be Good to Go. But get to know it First!

Good Luck!
Nog

I guided on the stamp many years ago and I launched at seatons park on the sproat, There is a couple good pools in the sproat before the confluence. Then there is prolly the best fishing on the lower stamp from there on. Not sure if you can still do that drift.

oh yea, water is totally doable from a watermaster, plus you can negotiate any gates you may encounter, that is if a watermaster is what I think it is.

Girl guide = bucket

Every one knows they come in boxes.... Damnit Pips stop screwing around:D

Hey the original smileys are back

Be careful going into the top of the slide. Pull out and walk down and have a look below Eagle rock. You used to be able to slide to the south side and go through a side channel and miss the bulk of the whitewater coming out of Eagle rock. Have a look coming into the whitewater at the top of the canyon behind the store and finally pull out and walk down and have a close look at the bucket. If you think it is too much for you and your boat walk, carry or rope your boat around.
A much easier drift is from the rifle range to service or the rifle range right down to Clutesi. Be careful going through papermill dam.
When drifting always walk down and look at what you are up against the first time through. Plan your approach, where you want to be and more importantly where you don't want to be. There is NO SHAME in walking you and your boat around places that are too rugged.
If in doubt pull it out : )
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
no not tristan. where is clutesi, is that on the beaver creek side of the river.... below the galaxy campground is there many places to get out and stand though... and where is this seatons park on the sproat, do u access it from hector

Hi guys just wondering how the fishnet has been,only home for 5more days and hoping to spend a few hrss out on the stamp so guess km asking is there fish around

it's been a good year so far. the lower has been hot at times and fish seem to be holding in all the old traditional areas from the gun range and down. had a couple 10 fish days at the old swansons hole, first time in years that has happened. the usual standby falls pool has been busy with no fish. so my efforts have been concentrated on the lower for now

Yeah got a 10 lb wild doe whatta fight an clean release never saw alot of fish but a few around an managed one for 8. Hfs dedication on a worm

Heard it has been slow up and down the whole system for a few days now.
Haven't been out in a week as a consequence. Next rains though... ;)

Slow isn't the word right now....From what i"m hearing its the shitz. About a dozen stale fish sitting in the falls pool, nothing down the beaver creek side of the island, nothing in eagle rock and nothing in the pockets above the bucket. Someone was out for a boat ride/scout mission yesterday and thats the report from bucket up. Other than a small push in late Nov that have been mopped up at the falls pool, Dec has been very quiet. Lets hope jan and feb are alot better.

Back