Launch drift boat /Stamp river?????

highlights

Hey Guys. I have put in at the bucket up at the shingle mill for years. Dave Murphy is saying that the driveway is blocked with a giant log again this year. I have a 17' aluminum and I really need to dump it in somewhere other than the gun club. We normally put our NRS raft in there but apparently membership could be facing an end there at the rifle range as well. Anyone put boats in at the slide pool below the falls anymore?????? Ideas??????? That drift from the bucket to service road is the ticket for Chinook. I don't want to hear about the top end drift until mid December.

Thanks

:D You can rope it down just below Stamp falls pool @ the corner of the road just before the parking lot but not for long as the new regs are comin out shortly ~~~ FALLS to the BUCKET will BE "CLOSED' to boat angling with only "SHORE" fishing ONLY

TO QUOTE the REG BELOW [:p]

No angling from boats ...[xx(]

you may use a boat or other floating device for transportation in these waters but you may not "angle" from that boat.

A BANKIES DREAM COME TRUE
[:I]

New Regs when is this starting???Ridiculous regs only gonna add too the crowding on shore above the bucket!We will see if this sticks!

I wouldn't worry about the angling from a boat thing between the slide and the bucket. I just want to be able to get the boat in the water. I would drift through thats all.

Your right though. Where does dfo come up with these crazy ideas. It's like they draw from a hat or something.

This is actually a bankies' worst nightmare, as boats will be beaching or dropping people off at every accessable spot on the bank, or even dropping guys off strategically to lay claim to areas before jetting down and up the river. This will particularly suck for the Slide Pool area. I'm sticking with my non-motorized drift boat idea, that way you get one crack at an area and move on - just like it is in the interior trout rivers. It's the very same reason that you can't hunt from a vehicle. Steelhead and salmon should be regarded with the same kind of ethics. Jet boats do not benefit anyone or anything but the small minority of guide operations and lazy personal users.

For the Bankies they can claim to their 'ROCK ' well before the Guides 8:00 am start time . Let the games begin ;)

Black leech you nailed the idea about the use of jets. They are deadly and they are not fair. It is BS. You should have one shot at the pool then move along. I once waited for nearly an hour. A jet took off down river after it's running fish. I slid into the spot. Ten minutes later who was back?????? The jet. Whoa was he pissed. Turned out he expected to resume where he had just pulled from. Now thats BS!

Course if I owned a jet I wouldn't be so harsh.

HMMMMMMmmmm.......what to do?

WoW it must be raining or something???Everyones fired up about the stamp!!!Woooohoo!!I personally own a drift and a jet and luv using both and anyone on here who says they wouldnt fish out of a jet is out too lunch or never been in one too experience it!!Ban or not i cant wait for that first trip over the bucket this year!!Hey whaler i guess the environment boys are gonna open up that stretch too bait like they promised too??Yah right a crap load of smoke and mirrors going on up in port!!See you guys at firstlight in december cant wait!!

Highlights ive seen guys launching there boats on the field below btch's but dont know the particulars of it!!A bit shorter drift but you could float over paper mill and extend it abit some good salmon water down by the boundary especially if you want too play dentist!haha!!

Yeah I was thinkin about Buthces place. I done it before. Very short drift but at least I'd be in.

Moderators not needed on this discussion. Chill guys

It'll be all right

Highlights just talked too a buddy he said the only drift launch now is the field below butches place now!!Kinda sucks cuts off sum good water but just float down threw the dam this winter and pull out at paper mill park if the gates open or the marina i guess!!Ive done both recently its a hoot!!

Kinda twisted how these new reg's have come into play. MOE insists that the ban on fishing from boats was done due to "an overwhelming amount" of requests to do just that. Yet, when recently pressed under the Freedom of Information Act, they had to pony up and admit that no such letters of compaint whatsoever are on file [B)]
So, they decided to run with an extremely limited amount of response to their poorly-announced online poll (less than 40 responses - AS IF this represents the general public's opinion that uses the river! Much more like The Whiners got together and got their way... Eh Courtney et al???) This one is indeed coming back to bite you... You know where [xx(]
The bait restriction lifting was the obvious "carrot", something they had no intention of following up on. As can be readily seen by the results that the ban will of course not be lifted. Again, due to a response from less than 40 folks.
So, we'll get to see some serious overcrowding this year, races between Bankies and Boaties for the same rock, and certain to be much more confrontation than we've ever witnessed. Great! Excellent legacy for the Hooligan and his non-employee cronies. BTW, when ARE you going to retire???[}:)]

For this year, it strongly looks like the Fat Lady is ready to sing. But, there are changes afoot, and a direct challenge to be met in this regard. Time will tell...

Nog - Likely to spend a LOT more time on other flows - at least this year...

Nog is this reg in effect now???WTF!!!I might take one for the team on this one!!If my bud who cant walk unnasisted after a drunk driver nailed him wants too fish above the falls out of my zode you can damn well believe were gonna do it!!I'll pay the fine and challenge it in court im dead serious about it too!!Sounds like this ones gonna get good!!

I dont see why the the guys in the jets are up set are they not for the most part professional guides who are capable of catching fish in any section of the river at any time why is this section of river so important maybe because the fish stack up waiting for the right water to get above the falls maybe MOE knows this and put this regulation in effect for the benefit of the fish and its not all about Me and We and I Just my 2 cents

It ain't just "the guys in the jets" who are upset. Run a pontoon (aYup that is a boat) a kayak (that too) perhaps a drift boat (notice: includes the word boat) or maybe even an old rubber tube (of course constitutes a "boat") that are upset... Anyone who likes to float 'n fish should be.

Those that "voted" this in (and you indeed know who you are) shot the balance of us "Bankies" in the foot. Thanks.[V] Now we get to run even faster from hole to hole [xx(] Just curious as to why a certain run down below wasn't included[?]

Me? I'm much more interested in seeing the resource is there in 40+ years than catching another one day after tomorrow.
We? Dunno where you stand yet...
I? Fill your boots [}:)]

Cheers,
Nog (Nope, Not a freshwater Guide :D)

they can still float just not fish out of the boat that is not unreasonable you cannot say its not better for the fish do the math its not hard to figure out that these fish are getting caught numerous times once again my opion for what its worth p.s just a boot fisherman

Great point nog....how come ol'courtney and his nile creek cronies didnt include swansons since this is where he lives all winter?Cant wait too hot shot this area when he's trying too gay whoops i mean spey fish!!!

Easy there Robert,take er easy!!Is this reg in place yet???Whats the word??Be by the shop in a few me and ol'bags heading out with tailspin too renny in mornin for sum salt slaying!!Then on too the fresh!!Any fish moving in port yet??

Back