Low idle trouble

Danoson

I have a yamaha 100 4 stroke and when I put into neutral it wants to stall out. Any hints it is 2002 with 2000hrs on it. Carbs have never been done or the timming belt. Plugs have all been changed. Any hints. Thanks

I have a yamaha 100 4 stroke and when I put into neutral it wants to stall out. Any hints it is 2002 with 2000hrs on it. Carbs have never been done or the timming belt. Plugs have all been changed. Any hints. Thanks
Cheapest first thing is change the under cowling fuel filter-sounds like it hasn't been done!

I have changed fuel filter both under the cowling and the second filter before it gets to the motor. I thought it may be water problems and have added some fuel cleaner. Adjusting the idle screw I was warned not to when I had purchased the motor as they were all set up by computer and told you could make a mess of it if not done 100%. Maybe just a sales ploy I don't know?

Mine pures at 600 rpm. Even is you have changed your fuel filters both under the the cowling and pre one if some water did get by them it could have clogg up one of your injectors. So even if you put in new filters the problem could be after in your injectors It's easy to pull them out and get them tested.

Hmmm, fuel injected engine with carbs....now that is something I've yet to see! Lol

haa haaa me too..thought he was talking about a 9.9 guess I should read little more first...:)

Back