Lord Stanley's Cup

Well two more rounds to go. Next round, my best beloved on advice from our grandson is taking Pittsburg. I will be cheering for San Jose. She is so confident that l am to pick up some fish and chips from a take away tomorrow night. Think l will pick up a few adult beverages as well:)

Sharks did in the Blues, a team I just don't like. Got my doubts about Tampa Bay getting past Pittsburgh. Too many forwards going too fast for the Lightning D, except Hedman. Hoping Vasilevski just shuts the door.

Regardless, Sharks in 6 for the Cup.

Sharks did in the Blues, a team I just don't like. Got my doubts about Tampa Bay getting past Pittsburgh. Too many forwards going too fast for the Lightning D, except Hedman. Hoping Vasilevski just shuts the door.

Regardless, Sharks in 6 for the Cup.

God I hate the Sharks.....they are up there with the Bruins as my most despised teams in the NHL.

#abts (anybody but the sharks) :p

Hey Funhog, I thought my Leafs were your least favorite team :D

Haha hope all you Leafs fans enjoyed watching Kessel lift the Cup last night. Fine example of astute acquisitions and mid season changes making the winning difference. Hats off to Pens management for turning this team around from mid season dogs to Stanley Cup champions. Canucks management, I hope you were taking notes.

Now, why didn't the Conn Smyth go to Matt Murray? Guy had minimal time in the bigs before being dumped into the cauldron, he's played more playoff games than regular season NHL games, and he never had a blowout. I know Jones had to do more in the finals than Murray did, but he made key saves when needed and carried himself with calm well beyond his 22 years. Crosby wasn't undeserving by any means, but for a rookie goalie to take a team to a Cup is something special. It was recognised in the past, Dryden, Roy and Ward all won the MVP and the Cup in their rookie year.

Back