Lord Stanley's Cup

Bows Up

Anybody else with a horse in the race or is it down to e-man and myself ? Isn't there a Flyers fan around here ?

Saw a funny cartoon today. How do you spot a terrorist at the Canadian border? Car pulls up to border and officer asks what is the reason for your visit to Canada? Driver says we are coming for the NHL playoffs.

Saw a funny cartoon today. How do you spot a terrorist at the Canadian border? Car pulls up to border and officer asks what is the reason for your visit to Canada? Driver says we are coming for the NHL playoffs.

LOL ..... Then I guess the truth hurts...:)

My wife and l always have a bet on one team or another. This year she chose the Rangers for the first round, primarily because Alain Vigneault is the coach?? I chose Washington. It's a dollar a game, so the most one can win in each series is 8 dollars if the teams are not playing each other and 4 if they are. The loser of each series gets to pick their choice of teams in the next round. It usually ends up with the loser taking the winner out for fish and chips.

Speaking of intensity, the Kings Sharks tilt last night was impressive. Could be the most entertaining series of the first round.

My expectations for the Hawks aren't that high either. Weaker D than last season and a lame finish to the season. Hoping they can find that mythical switch and turn it on or else they will be gone.

I'm kinda with you Bows on expectations as well. It was punishing watching the Hawks not putting the game away. I had a feeling of dread when it went to OT. Hopefully having Keith back will spark the Hawks to take stronger control of game two. I guess we have been a little spoiled the last few years and don't have the 2010 enthusiasm. I still strongly believe the Hawks will advance over the Blues but it certainly won't get any easier progressing through the west.;) eman

They looked beat but pulled it out. Did Quenneville hit the lineblender or what ?

Rundblad returns from a banishment to Europe ? Let me see. Hawks had Daley (doing fine in Pittsburgh)who they traded for Scuderi (doing fine in LA) who they traded for Erhoff who won't see any ice, unless it is in a glass. Sharp went to Dallas for Daley. So the Hawks got Erhoff and a few mil in cap space for Sharp.

Stan isn't Scottie.

I was hoping for a chance for Daley as well. He seemed like a Hawk to me. J.T's night. Hawks 4 Blues 2.;) eman

Wife says that's it after the 1st. No, I say, it wouldn't be the first time the Hawks mounted a mind boggling comeback. We'll head to the Legion when the game is over.

Experience, confidence, who knows what it is ? Hawks brought it in the 2nd last night and St Louis missed their second opportunity to put them away.

Monday should be crazy. Pressure on the Blues is pretty high. Washington could be feeling it if they don't do Phillie in this afternoon.

Looks like no Chicago or LA in finals this year......... I didn't watch those series from start to finish, but what I did see certainly seemed to show that both clubs were not deep enough in defense. So for those teams who are currently rebuilding....... it just goes to show where the focus should be...............

I must say, that I am quite comfortable with the Hawks defeat. How much prouder can a Hawk fan be, then what they have acheived of late. We will be back.;) eman

Well after losing four dollars on the first round, she decided on Washington in round two, while l am taking Tampa Bay. With no Cdn teams in there, we found we were really channel surfing for the closest game and concentrating on watching the last 5 minutes of the third period. Still there was some exciting games.

No real surprise. No depth on D, not good in the face-off circle (except Toews) and one goal for Kane, Toews and Teravainen combined. A summers rest and it begins anew. No complaints with three Cups in 7 seasons, that's for sure.

In the mean time, I'm hoping the Sharks take the West.

Back