Looking To Buy A New Dishwasher

Kisinana

Looking to purchase a new dishwasher. I am looking at the Samsung 610 or Bosch 500 or maybe a Kenmore. Who has bought one lately and have good or bad reports on them? The main things I am looking for are Stainless tub, quiet and ease of use (since most of the time it will just be on a normal stting). Any others you may like or to avoid and information appreciated.

Sending you a PM with my phone mumber I just had to buy one a week ago....What a headache. Will tell you every thing I learnt. It will make you rethink what you are buying.

Looking to purchase a new dishwasher. I am looking at the Samsung 610 or Bosch 500 or maybe a Kenmore. Who has bought one lately and have good or bad reports on them? The main things I am looking for are Stainless tub, quiet and ease of use (since most of the time it will just be on a normal stting). Any others you may like or to avoid and information appreciated.

Hey Kisinana. I bought a Kenmore "Elite" two years ago. Stainless tube model , one of the quietest on the market and competitively priced.[I bought it on sale] We do one load a day, sometimes two.[it's called kids] So far so good. I find to that the service Sears provides is pretty good too.

Thanks FA
Did not see your note until today. Too early to call someone, unless it was to go fishing. :)
Thanks Seagal and Bait Tricks
The Kenmore is an Elite just do not remember the model code right now.
Yes I have learnt a lot in the last few days too, my main concerns are listed and the reason I am looking at these is that I have hardwood floors and they have leak detection. I had one leak already and do not want a repeat performance.
Any input though is appreciated. I will check posts later this evening.

We just installed a Bosch, it is great. Our Kitchen and family room are all one and we hardly notice it. The only caution i heard on dishwashers is don't get a Top control panel, go with the traditional front controls. The moister will cause problems on the top control. We got ours from the Brick, it was regular $1199 and went on for $699

I bought a Kenmore Elite 4yrs ago and it performs like a champ. In a house with two single males that says a lot. We torture our machines.

Kisinana.....you're going to get lots of opinions on here about different models; we bought an ASKO a couple of years ago and it has been outstanding.

One thing you may want to check into is the Trail Appliances wholesale outlet here in Vancouver; they offer some awesome deals on appliances. I have had a number of friends who have purchased all sorts of kitchen appliances there a great prices.

We had an ASKO for several years and it woked very well. When we moved to the ialand five years ago we
purchased all GE Profile appliances and they have been fabulous, the dishwasher is so quite that I can hardly tell
when it is running....... and it does a great job on dirty dishes.

SS

We bought a KitchenAid SS machine almost two years ago. We had to replace 2 auto soap dispensers (burnt out solenoids) and then finally the control board that operates the soap dispenser. The main pump was not emptying the drum so they up'd the pump size to correct this. On the visit to replace the control board the Tech. pulled the ribbon cable out of the front control panel and we waited six weeks for a new one to arrive.........but at least the soap dispenser was fixed! lol Just couldn't use it is all. Sears were a nightmare to deal with and I ended up doing most of the trouble shooting myself. Not really happy with this purchase to say the least....not for a couple of grand anyways. The rest of the kitchen was new SS KitchenAid as well and have all had various minor issues. Keep in mind that all major appliances are built by one of two companies and they are built to specs by whoever puts their label on them. Good Luck!

We had Asko appliances in a home we built in 2002 and I would never own their stuff again. The dishwasher was very quiet, particularly when it didn't work. Over a span of 3 years we replaced the pump 3x. Washing machine NEVER got clothing clean, and also failed several times in a short period. As I understand it, Asko was sold in the early 2000s and their product quality suffered.

We now have a Kenmore Elite DW and it's good. One of the things to note now with dishwashers without a macerator is that you don't want to have any food scraps on your plates -- particularly rice. It will gum up the drain pump, hoses and sprayers and it;s a major pain to clean out.

I bought the Kenmore Elite..It was a very tuff shop. Drove me nuts... I went to all the box stores and private store. Most good dishwashers take 2 weeks to 2 months to get though.

I got the latest model.

Call me any time..

We have had great success with Maytag Quiet Series diwshawashers for multifamily unitclients and personally. Try Coast Appliances. I wouldbuy again if I was shopping

I just kick my gal in the arse....and say......Wash it!!! It works well til I get kicked in the junk. I now make sure the dishes are clean.

We bought a Kitchenaid mid-range model (s/s tub was a must) and it has worked quite well. There are two of us with no kids, so we actually bought a second set of dishes so we can run it with a full load. I think we've had it for 3-4 years now. It is quiet, but I wouldn't call it whisper quiet. Nothing that is intolerable noise-wise though. We live in a small place, and the dishwasher is literally beside our living room, so we often just put it on the 4 hour delay and it runs during the night.

Dishes come out nice and clean, and every now and then we run a dishwasher cleaner through it to clean out any gunk.

Along the inside of the door, a bit of sludge can accumulate over time, but nothing a good wipe doesn't cure.

Bosch are supposed to be very good machines, quiet, but also a bit pricey. The odd thing is that the tub capacity seemed kind of small compared to ours. Perhaps that is a function of the insulation they build into it.

We did look at the Kenmore Elite units, and heard good things about them too. If I understand correctly, Whirlpool makes them for Sears and are the equivalent to the Whirlpool Gold series (their top of the line, but at a discount from their branded models).

One question I'd like to put to the group is what detergent do you use?

We tried to go the "natural" route, and tried a few different powder and liquid varieties from the natural food stores (Whole Foods, etc), but to be honest, they just didn't do a good job of cleaning. Actually, its kind of a funny story. We started using the natural stuff right away, and thought we had bought a crappy dishwasher because the dishes weren't clean. After switching to the conventional stuff, we realized it was actually the detergent and not the unit itself.

We used liquid Cascade for awhile, but we have switched to the Finish "all in one" pucks and they do a great job. And these are the "regular" pucks, and not the Quantum ones you see the commercials for. Those are considerable premium over the regular, but regular ones work quite well. Costco has tubs of them for a VERY reasonable price, much cheaper than anywhere else, even Superstore if memory serves. They work out to something like $0.20 apiece.

bosch bring the suck, they may be quiet but they dont clean very well,and costa lotta, i have installed a few hundred of them and they a pain in the arse for dyi types.... samsung ftw!!!

Back