Looking for aluminum boat

Looking at those pics I notice there's a lot of water above the top of the pod. Not enough flotation by the looks of it.

Wow, great catch. I was looking at this boat online and went back and double checked the pics because of this post. The water is well above the top of the pod. Granted there appear to be 3 big guys on the aft deck and the seas look pretty rough, but still... I ain't buying that boat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be surprised if it has a 6' beam I bet its a 6' floor. The 16 and 17 have 6' floor and and the 18' rc has a 7' floor

I have owned a Weldcraft for 12 years. Built for the company president and never used for its first 2 years. I know it's a jet boat configuration but most cookie cutter aluminum boat builders use a lot of the same welding and design techniques in all their boats.
One big thing I have seen the past few years is an extruded chine molding they use to attach the sides and bottoms together with.
Basically an extrusion with a slot on both sides that the panels get welded into.
Hard to repair if hit and not something I would buy.
Thunderjet makes a good product from all the ones I have ridden in and crawled over.
US boat owners tend to have all the latest bling on their boats.
I was amazed the stuff mind came with back when I bought it.

Have a 1995 Starcraft Islander for less than half of that. Riveted aluminum - with a 140hp Suzuki (I think 2010), yamaha T8 kicker around 2010 as well. Been sitting in my warehouse for a couple of years after I bought a bigger boat, last run in the river in late 2012.

I ended up buying the thunderjet. It has a few paint chips here and there and a couple dings in the cowling but overall it's in really good shape. The owner was quite old so I think he had a couple brain farts but I don't think it's been abused at all. I ended up paying $ 37700 The guy was so cheap and mad I was offering him lower than asking price that he wanted me to give him $100 for the fuel that was in the tank or he was gonna siphon it. I told him to take it but he couldn't get the lock off his underground tank at home so he left it. The boat goes like a raped ape with the 225 I'm pretty stoked to go fishing in a couple days.

I ended up buying the thunderjet. It has a few paint chips here and there and a couple dings in the cowling but overall it's in really good shape. The owner was quite old so I think he had a couple brain farts but I don't think it's been abused at all. I ended up paying $ 37700 The guy was so cheap and mad I was offering him lower than asking price that he wanted me to give him $100 for the fuel that was in the tank or he was gonna siphon it. I told him to take it but he couldn't get the lock off his underground tank at home so he left it. The boat goes like a raped ape with the 225 I'm pretty stoked to go fishing in a couple days.

Congrats Toby. I was looking at that boat too, but I couldn't get down to see it because I am in Calgary right now. I am glad someone got that deal. I hope it turns out to be a super fishy machine for you.

Now folks, can someone help me find a similar ride?

Regards, Frank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back