Looking for advice on diesel heaters

Two things I noticed about this unit. It uses a decent amount of fuel, when compared to my Wallas cooktop heater. I ran it for 19 hours and it used about 3 litres. I had it on 2/6. Second, the exhaust is quite a bit louder than the Wallas. Trolling around the kicker will drown it out. But at a marina or in the hook, my neighbor might hear it? I’d be interested to hear it with the muffler installed

Two things I noticed about this unit. It uses a decent amount of fuel, when compared to my Wallas cooktop heater. I ran it for 19 hours and it used about 3 litres. I had it on 2/6. Second, the exhaust is quite a bit louder than the Wallas. Trolling around the kicker will drown it out. But at a marina or in the hook, my neighbor might hear it? I’d be interested to hear it with the muffler installed
My Espar puts (put) out quite the whistle. I've had neighbors comment.

It’s the corrugated exhaust that produces the whistling sound we have noticed the same thing at work with the gastite style piping if there’s a lot of flow near the meter it will resonate sometimes solution there is to switch to threaded steel for the first few feet that seems to knock the noise down quite a bit. Those mufflers have a tendency to leak and do have a weep hole for condensation so not the best idea to use when the heaters installed inside. maybe try using some stainless steel wool in the thru hull that might help.

Back