looking for a trailer

albernifisher

Trying to find a trailer that I can borrow/rent so I can take my boat to get a pod built and installed. Probably need it for 2 weeks,the boat is 26'

Well I got a trailer you can borrow, it's a 2008 EZ Loader 7000 lbs capacity, full roller NO bunks. Oil bath bearings, Surge brakes. I have a 24 Seasport (marina kept) so we are close on weight. Trailer is in storage on a farm in Central Saanich, Only been used once in the last 2 years. You can use it as long as you want, Let me know if that works for Ya. I don't want any rental money and it's not for sale. You can come and have a look if you need to take measurements or look at roller set up.

I had EOH on a 5star trailer when I had my Grady 27. Damn brakes would lock up the odd time when backing up? Didn't use trailer that much cause boat was Marina kept. Never could figure out why? Tried dialing down controller in truck but they would still random lock. Sold the boat and trailer a year later.

What are the laws now regarding trailer brakes. Does everything have to be EOH? is surge still legal?
nevermind, I answered my own question

(A) We are allowed to tow up to 1/2 the net weight of the tow vehicle before brakes are required. So if the weight on your vehicle registration says 1791 kg (3940 lbs). Then your towed weight cannot exceed 895 kg (1970 lbs) without brakes.

(B) Once the total weight exceeds 1364 kg (3000 lbs) then brakes are required on the trailer no matter what the tow vehicle. Obviously not all same length boats will weigh the same , so trailer capacities go up roughly in step with boat length.

(C) Once the total towed weight exceeds 2800kg (6160 lbs) then "operator controlled" brakes are required. This eliminates "surge" brakes from the equation, since they do not comply with the wording. Brake options are described in another section. Remember, these are the regulations as they apply in British Columbia. Check your local regulations.

Back