Looking for a sturgeon guide late October/early November

Gham

Crew Member
Hey guys, I’m looking for recommendations for a sturgeon guide for late October/early November. Being a saltwater guide I know who the go to guys are for salmon and halibut, but I haven’t had much luck with sturgeon. I did a trip last year for my birthday with 2 boats/10 guys (with a chilliwack outfit) but we were not at all happy with the trip.

This year I’m looking for probably 3 boats/12 guys for a 1 day trip.

Any help appreciated!!!

Vic from STS guides is very good and bc sportsfishing group are the guides we have used

LOGOLETTER-e1399426824189.png

chad - fishing the fraser

i purchased a gift certificate from someone who won it in a golf tourney. 8 hours, me and three buddies, lunches and snacks provided. we had a great time caught 12 sturgeon.
initially he set up everything, baiting the hooks, casting etc... by the end of the day he had taught us everything and we were doing the fishing (baiting, casting, handling, setting the hook etc - not just the reeling it in part).
he gave me a bunch of way points to come back to with my boat to fish, gave me roe to take home...
beautiful talica reels, technium rods, very comfy boat.

cant say enough good things about this guy. one of the best days ive had

Mouth of the stave is a great place to sturg fish that time of year, Roe, or Chum stink bait

If you fish below mission the odds are that where the guide will take you

Yep...nothing more sporting than catching the same fish over and over while doing it with a dozen or so guide boats in the area. Ask the guide if he knows them on a first name basis. Then when you get one to the boat, open the mouth and see how many hook marks it has!
Pretty sweet eh Matt:(
With that being said chad or Ryan Forrester is the guide you want!

Back