Looking for a Sonar GPS combo unit.

eaglemaniac

I was considering upgrading my antique sonar unit for a combo system. I was looking at the Lowrance Mark-5X. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks.;) eman

I don't know your budget but I put a Lowrance elite 7 on my back deck with the standard card it comes with. Pretty impressive and the wider screen really helps the split screen presentation. Package was 750 at Harbour chandlers.

I was checking them out as well sf. I do like the navionics aspect for sure. Not needed for the most part though as I know the area that I generally fish. They look sweet though.;) eman

The elite 5 gold comes with the navionics charts invluded so you don't need to buy them separately, covers canada and some lakes, I think j paid around $500 new, the 7 would e nice for the extra money and bigger screen, sounder on the 5 is very good, high detail, works while I and at full throttle,

really there is no comparison for price or what you get. The next step up is nice but almost twice as much. or going to the gen series and being able to upgrade to the with side scan. Seafever might get on here as tell you the chip is not as good. The info that comes on the nav gold chip is what they had at the time when they made it which was alot. Its missing a few contour lines here and there but if you didnt know they were they before your not going to miss them now. The chip is not upgradeable but contours of our lands and waters arnt really changing and your probably not taking it to little unknown/charted places. No unit I could find could even compare to that 400 price range. It was on sale a few days ago probably ending soon. Dont be tempted by the elite 5 dsi dosnt work in deep salt water no matter what the salesman says you will loose bottom.

Back