Looking for a budget boat package 14-18 ft

Mike1266

I'm looking to purchase a low budget boat for some fishing.. must have boat, trailer, and motor that is working good and no rots in the hull..

MINOR engine problems OK.. minor cosmetic issues OK.. as long as there is no major problem I will consider.

Year doesn't matter as much as the condition. Hoping for a budget of under 8k, preferably cheaper is better.

Considering both Aluminum and Fiberglass boats.

Thank you.

I know the guy selling this boat. He paid almost 6,000 for motor alone with controls etc. Also just swapped out the trailer for the one in the pic. He had it in freshwater only. I see the pics show scuff marks from tires from his dock. Anyway good deal with the not even broken in engine. He is open to offers too he just needs his parking back.

I'm looking to purchase a low budget boat for some fishing.. must have boat, trailer, and motor that is working good and no rots in the hull..

MINOR engine problems OK.. minor cosmetic issues OK.. as long as there is no major problem I will consider.

Year doesn't matter as much as the condition. Hoping for a budget of under 8k, preferably cheaper is better.

Considering both Aluminum and Fiberglass boats.

Thank you.
Look in Alberta!!! Most of the boats here get used very little and only in lakes. Look for an outboard because a lot of the inboard/outboards don't have heat exchangers (expensive upgrade). I came across one sitting on a trailer in Crowsnest Pass (next to BC) for 1500 and it was a decent albeit older boat. If I see any in the next few days I will copy the link to you (doing my morning stroll through local boats LOL). Best of luck!!

Last edited:
Vancouver CL today this looks like a built by owner boat

21 ft aluminum boat,,225 hp Yamaha fuel injection, unknown hours test are welcome, 9.9 Yamaha kicker, aluminum double axle trailer, the hard top can be lowered to fit on underground parking spot, boat specification are hull 5mm ,side 3.3 mm,3/16 1/8 ,reverse Chine, 12 degrees at the transom,2,5 meters wide ,

1615990731589.png

Vancouver CL today this looks like a built by owner boat

21 ft aluminum boat,,225 hp Yamaha fuel injection, unknown hours test are welcome, 9.9 Yamaha kicker, aluminum double axle trailer, the hard top can be lowered to fit on underground parking spot, boat specification are hull 5mm ,side 3.3 mm,3/16 1/8 ,reverse Chine, 12 degrees at the transom,2,5 meters wide ,

View attachment 63227
That would be a great deal for under $8k!

Back